***South Florida Dive Shops Beware*** Bad Check Writer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Ventures

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
WARNING FRAUD ALERT-Robert W. Champion
This guy has scammed 15 dive shops out of at least 50k in the last 5 months. If spotted you should call the Police. He has passed bad checks from Boynton Beach, FL to Miami,FL If you have been scammed by him please contact me I'm putting together a long list for the Police. His picture is attached

WARNING-FRAUD ALERT

Robert W. Champion
908 SE 13th ST. (Evicted from this address in March 2007)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

32 yrs Old
5’8” 180lbs
Wears Frameless Rectangular Glasses If you see him please call the police. He’s very slick and writes bad checks to dive stores and uses his drivers license, he’s a diver and has a history of fraud in Michigan and South Florida. He was spotted in Bahia Mar Marina in Fort Lauderdale last week. He claims he lives and works on a yacht. His checks are from Zone Networks Inc.

If spotted call the Police.

Case 1

Case 2

Attachments

• Fraud.doc
    39 KB · Views: 241
When this was first posted here, we pulled it. Surely, we do not want to allow what may seem to be a mere disagreement splashed all over ScubaBoard. However, the staff has checked it out and there are indeed warrants out for his arrest. We have included the links to these warrants in his post and have returned this post to the Conch forum, where the crimes have taken place.

Let's face it. Local Dive Shops here in Florida have had it ROUGH over the last few years. I know of at least 8 shops that have closed here in the Central Florida Area and one person put it as high as 14. There is simply NO NEED to allow this sort of criminal undercurrent to pull more of them down under.

Wow Pete I like it. What a great way to support our charter op's.

NetDoc:
However, the staff has checked it out and there are indeed warrants out for his arrest.

there may be, but those links don't show that

what they show is that there is a case open in criminal court against him, and that another one has been closed.

if he appeared, posted bail, etc., there would be no warrant issued for his arrest

all those links show is that the guy has been charged with forgery felony once but that case is now closed (probably due to a plea bargain), and that there is an unidentified misdeamenor charge still pending (i.e. there has been no plea bargain or trial)

there is no indication there that there is a warrant out for the guy's arrest

Sorry Andy,

The story was corroborated by court documents. I am not a lawyer and I don't even play one on ScubaBoard! :D

well, you did say "we have included the links to those warrants"

just pointing out that you hadn't in case that was your sole basis ... good to know you checked with the Court as well

you dont' have to be a lawyer to figure this stuff out, just read stuff slowly (according to my contracts professor)

but why are you taking it upon yourself to verify potentially libelous and/or slanderous material? you are now vouching for its validity and are potentially liable

as an internet publisher, you are not liable for what your members post ... unless... you somehow take it upon yourself to validate said posts, in which case liability may very well attach

(talk to a lawyer about this stuff)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom