Heading to Key Largo 12-17th August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BSK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
what are some of the recommended operators down there or which ones are the ones to avoid? Most likely flying down from VA and maybe driving back up with a rental in order to avoid the 24hrs no flight time and enjoy more diving.

Silent World seems like a nice small operator to go with.

I do most of my dives with Quiessence. They are a great operation and will only take out a max of 6 divers. I don't dive with anyone else unless they are booked already.

I use Jeff Jarvis

www.hmsminnow.com

This is a six pack out of the marina at mile marker 100. Jeff expects divers to be competent and will generally go wherever the boat wants to go. You do everything yourself (Except he has the tanks on board and he will give a good dive brief on the site).

You have to exit the boat by doing a back roll!

You won't get handholding here!

Ocean Divers gets my vote and they have a nice restraunt right above the shop which is great for lunch and dinner on those diving days.

Silent World is pretty good. I dove with them in May, but I don't know if I would call them small. You'll probably get 10 or so divers on a boat. But they run a pretty good operation and are good for newer to intermediate divers.

There are a ton of dive operators in Key Largo, which makes for intense competition. That means you can't go very wrong with most of them.

Another vote for Horizon Divers and the Ramada next door. They were very professional and fun!

Jeff Jarvis www.hmsminnow.com: fantastic 6-pack
Quiescence also runs good 6-packs.
Ocean Divers - very good big boats op (Restaurants: alongside-B&L, below-D)
Conch Republic - excellent big and medium boats.
Cristal Clear - good, professional bigger and medium boats.

Dove Horizon Divers, but stayed at the Holiday Inn just on the other side of the Ramada during March 2007. Very nice group. My son is Jr. Certified, so we could only go to 40 feet. Horizon accompadated us and the others on board. French Reef at Woody's Ledge for the first dive and French Reef at Sand Cave for the second dive. I believe they have storage for your gear if you plan on multiple days. We were on the way back to Orlando after a few days in Key West with a three tank dive with Looe Key Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom