Very Easy Vacation for 2 Beginners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cobra8472

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Where should we go? We both enjoy the very relaxed, shallow, independant diving. Kind of like snorkling on steroids. Nothing deep, no currents, no huge dropoffs, etc. Is there any place in the Red Sea suitable for us? We'd obviously like to do 95% shore diving on our own.

We wanted to go to Bonaire, but that's out of the question, so I'm researching other options.

ty for any help

What a shame, Bonaire would be fantastic! Is it the cost? Arkefly in Holland has great flight and dive specials! You might even consider flying to Florida then to Bonaire, it can be done! We have 2 couples in from Sweden...what great people!

dvrliz1:
What a shame, Bonaire would be fantastic! Is it the cost? Arkefly in Holland has great flight and dive specials! You might even consider flying to Florida then to Bonaire, it can be done! We have 2 couples in from Sweden...what great people!

I'm trying frantically to find cheap tickets. I've tried connections through Newark and Dallas so far. It's coming up quite cheap, but not quite cheap enough. It's our own fault, we were too late with the planning. I'm still trying, I'm absolutely dying to go to Bonaire, but I need to start looking at other options while I limbo.

:)

dvrliz1:
Why Bonaire is interesting ?

Tomeck,

Please do a search on the word Bonaire, this will probably explain why so many want to come and dive Bonaire...Home of Diving Freedom, probably the best shore diving (and I know I will get responses on this one) in all Caribbean!

Liz

Dahab is the best option for shore diving, but alot of it is still big drop offs - check it out though. Also check out Taba, up near the Israel border. It's not the best the Red Sea has to offer, but is great for beginners - shallow, great vis, no current and some cool fish life - frogfish, crocodilefish, eagle rays, stonefish, Red Sea walkmen and I've seen a couple of whale sharks there ! Taba Heights. Most of the diving there is from a short boat trip, but there are shore dives to choose too.

You can shore dive without a guide at some of the locations around Marsa Alam. I've stayed twice at Marsa Shagra, a camp run by Red Sea Diving Safari. Unlimited shore diving on the house reef, plus a couple of guided dives by truck per day if you want to join the group. The camp itself is well run and offers accomodations from tents to chalets. There is really no night life there...it's all about the diving. You can also take a rib out to Elphinestone Reef which is a fine dive.
In addition to the camp, I believe there are also a couple of resort hotels in the area with house reefs where you can also dive with a buddy without a guide.

Hope this helps,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom