Hyper Aqualand Cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fotta

Reaction score
I recently bought a Hyper Aqualand from "leisure pro" (happy with their service received). As you know, the watch does not come with an interface cable. The manual shows pinouts for a 25 to 9 pin cable, which is what I need to connect to my computer.

Does anyone know if this is a standard cable that I can buy at Radio Shack (or other computer store), or do I need to make a custom cable? I don't imagine that the salesmen at these shops will have a clue what the pinouts are.

Hi Fotta:

I don't have my manual handy, but I think it's one of the above. You might find more info from the Citizens website? Good luck. :boom:

Well, the manual *does* show the pinouts so it could be built - though I have never built a cable. I can imagine the cost if buying from the manufacturer....

I guess I'll buy a generic one and try it.

I'm not much of a computer geek (ask my wife). But I think the cable you're looking for is something like an RS-232 or RS-239.

I don't know if Radio Shack stocks this or not. I usually copy the info to a computer logbook from the watch itself. :boom:

the problem is, most likely it's not just a matter of purchasing a cable that will plug into the watch and the pc. How is the interface supposed to connect to the watch? You can buy a Db9 female serial port plug (to PC) at radio shack for a couple bucks. You can then use a length of 4-core 24awg telephone wire and solder it to the pins on the db9 that it refers you too. Then you would just just the wire to the appropriate contact on your watch. Is there any software that came with the watch or is available? If so, it should give you more info. You could try that, but I don't really think thats all there is to it. The interface I make uses several diodes, transistors, and resistors to provide the correct signal between the PC and dive computer.

The watch sits in an interface cradle that has a 25 pin connector which is meant to connect, via a cable to the serial port of a PC.

No resiitors or other components are mentioned in the manual, though I guess this does not mean that they are not needed.

The manual *does* show the cable pinouts. It seems that if using a 25 pin connector serial port on the PC, then an RS232 is the answer. My problem is that I have a 9pin serial port on my PC. Thus, I need a 25 pin to 9 pin connector - not an RS 232. The manual does show the pinouts but I have no idea if this is standard on generic 25 pin to 9 pin cables.

A software CD comes with the watch, BTW.

I went to my local computer store and bought a 20? something pin to a 9 pin adapter. belkin makes it. there is also something that will do it as a plug. The belkin is 6 in long I have no problem D/Ling to my Pc. Hope this helps. I know comp usa carries the belkins but I do not know if it is a national chain or not.
SGT N

Use a RS-232 cable.
If you dont have a connect plug for your computor you can get a usb adapter to use.

Thats is what I did.

Scott=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom