Wobbegong to the Groin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubababe

Registered
Reaction score
A diver diving off Brisbane, Australia yesterday (Saturday) seems to have had an embarrassing and painful run in with a normally passive wobbegong shark. It seems he received 3 quick bites to the groin which luckily resulted in only six stitches and a tooth removal.

Ouch.

Any more details? (I'm curious if it's a case of "Damned Aussie wildlife with its predilection for human flesh" or "Shark feeding and you - how to determine your survival instinct. isn't." :) )

jeff

Poor Guy! :eek: I would love to know more details on that ... wonder what provoked the ugly critter?

Sorry 'bout that dude's luck....I don't have anythin to say other than to get better soon...

Maybe the sharks last name is Bobbit.
Poor guy I hope he gets better soon.
I bet he's learned not to wave willy at creatures with teeth:D

scubababe once bubbled...
"he received 3 quick bites to the groin which luckily resulted in only six stitches and a tooth removal.

This futher supports my arguement against feeding hotdogs to sharks. It's all fun and games until someone loses a willie. :bonk:

scubababe once bubbled...
A diver diving off Brisbane, Australia yesterday (Saturday) seems to have had an embarrassing and painful run in with a normally passive wobbegong shark. It seems he received 3 quick bites to the groin which luckily resulted in only six stitches and a tooth removal.

Ouch! Talk about balls of steel. It's lucky it didn't result in an amputation.

R..

I see that we are not the only forum that has a knee jerk reaction to include DIR into any subject.
on the Dive-Oz site a reply to this same story was:

Guy.Witting wrote:
Well ... if he was a DIR diver he would have had his buddy to hold the wobbie down, and the crotch strap and scooter tow ring would have protected his vitals.

was this guy spearfishing or catching lobsters or something other wobbegong attacks I heard of the poor wobbegong was just after his normal food and didn't know a diver was on the other end.
joens

Back
Top Bottom