Need MM help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubastud16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I do almost all of my diving in Florida. Cruise dives in the Caribbean once or twice a year. The trick is, I go to school in Central Florida, and the only diving is in the springs. 72 degree water year round.

Think I can get away with a 3 mil suit? I'm thinking a Henderson Hyperstretch (can get employee discount on one). I wear 2 or 3 mil boots, and reef gloves. The springs stuff will only be during the school year, because I dive all summer (and even part of the school year) on the East coast of Florida, or the Keys in either a shorty or just a rash guard.

Henderson also has the "free hood" deal, and I might be able to get a vest as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

I use a 3/2 Full year round here in Florida for all my ocean dives as well as springs..Just fine for me.

3 mil should be fine for year round diving in Fl and the carribean.you might want a hood for the winter.I did the sheridan in Jan with my 3 and was fine,with my hood.

Very cool. What was the water temp on that dive?

Looks like I need to get me a new suit!

Thanks again guys....more opinions welcome....

Danny

The bottom temp was 64 degrees and I did that in my mares tropic 3 mil with separate hood.

Very nice! Thanks again bro!

You can use a 3/2 all year round but can get chilled on multiple dives in the winter...I added a 5/3 Henderson Gold Core hooded vest and I'm toasty.

Cheers.

-J.-

Thanks J! Henderson has a pretty sweet deal right now, I can get a 5/3 "full hood" for free if I buy a suit. Bingo!

Just bought my Henderson Hyperstretch 3m full suit and 5/3 hood. I'll let everyone know how it works! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom