Panama City Diving recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gadgetgrrll

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all -
My dive buddy and I are newly certified AOW divers with relatively few dives under our belts. We're due to be in Panama City, FL over Labor Day weekend and are trying to line up a Saturday boat dive trip. I came across the Dive Locker website and wanted to get some feedback on how they are as a Dive Op or any other Dive Ops that might be recommended.

Outside of that, are there any pointers on locations to hit with our experience level?

Thanks!

we dove with dive locker recently and I don't have any complaints. short & sweet.

Dive Locker is good stuff.

deepstops:
This is a great six-pack operator there: http://www.killfishcharters.com/

They are actually over in Port St Joe, which is about 45 minutes away (depending on traffic).

I asked someone about this this past weekend and they told me that the Killfish captain was "missing in action". (They had been trying to get him booked for trips and couldn't ever get in touch with him. ). Not sure if anyone else has reached him or if he went out of business or not.

mike_s:
They are actually over in Port St Joe, which is about 45 minutes away (depending on traffic).

I asked someone about this this past weekend and they told me that the Killfish captain was "missing in action". (They had been trying to get him booked for trips and couldn't ever get in touch with him. ). Not sure if anyone else has reached him or if he went out of business or not.

I just called him at 850-527-7901 and he answered on the second ring and confirmed he's still running trips and needs four to run.

While he's over in PSJ, the speed of his boat puts you on many of the same wrecks just as quickly.

The dive experience aboard a six pack is always better than the cattle operations IMO. That being said, Dive Locker does run a six-pack and a four-pack but they will try to steer towards Fintastic unless you're able to fill their smaller boats..

Has he put a head on his boat yet? Or is it still "overboard discharge"??

PerroneFord:
Has he put a head on his boat yet? Or is it still "overboard discharge"??

Dilution is the solution. :wink:

I regularly (there's a joke in there somewhere) dive on three six-packs here in S FL and only one has a head. It's simply hasn't been a factor in my charter choices.

deepstops:
I just called him at 850-527-7901 and he answered on the second ring and confirmed he's still running trips and needs four to run.

While he's over in PSJ, the speed of his boat puts you on many of the same wrecks just as quickly.

Ok.... good to hear he's still around. I'll let the others know that couldn't get a hold of him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom