Gilboa New Years Day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Good afternoon,
I referenced New Year's Day at Gilboa in another thread but wanted to break it out to illicit some response. Is anyone here planning to dive Gilboa on January 1st?

Best Regards
Don Costanza

Is it a special new years dive they are planning? Or were you just wondering if anyone was gonna do it. I would be willing to pull out the drysuit and go. It takes me about 30mins to get there.

MichgnTechDiver once bubbled...
It takes me about 30mins to get there.

Two questions:
1) why do you have a "handle" of Michigan tech diver if you live in Ohio? Does that mean you're lost?

2) how can you get to Gilboa so fast? Heck, it takes 15 minutes to get from Findlay to Gilboa and you're almost 40 minutes north of Findlay... ;-)

later, wb

Good evening,
CWB,
Takes me just about 80 minutes to get there. Is that your arm I hear being twisted? I can be there any time. I'll just be getting back from Florida the day before from a cavern course I'm taking so my gear probably won't even be completely dry but I'll be there if others are planning on going.

MichgnTechDiver
We heard Mike talking about a number of divers that will be showing up on the 1st and was curious if anything had been circulated on the board here as well as any of the regulars here, that were going to be there. Mike indicated 50+ divers. If that is the case hopefully they are the skilled ones that care about staying off the bottom and blowing out the vis for everyone else.

Best Regards

Don Costanza

dcostanza once bubbled...
Good evening,
CWB,
Takes me just about 80 minutes to get there. Is that your arm I hear being twisted? I can be there any time. I'll just be getting back from Florida the day before from a cavern course I'm taking so my gear probably won't even be completely dry but I'll be there if others are planning on going.

......hopefully they are the skilled ones that care about staying off the bottom and blowing out the vis for everyone else.

Best Regards

Don Costanza

80 minutes isn't bad at all... you must be near the border... takes me about 65.... I can put it on my calendar...

later, wb

CWB,
Home base is Fort Wayne, so about 20 or so miles to "the border". I was surprised by the tornado damage still visible in Van Wert as I passed through on Saturday on the way to Gilboa.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

dcostanza once bubbled...
CWB,
Home base is Fort Wayne, so about 20 or so miles to "the border". I was surprised by the tornado damage still visible in Van Wert as I passed through on Saturday on the way to Gilboa.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

Van Wert was hit hard... same storm system dropped a tornado onto my in-laws in Port Clinton... fortunately only a 2x6 through the roof...

wb

I will be spending the day with my wife.

Sometimes it is just as fun as diving

Scott
:wink:

ICUROK once bubbled...
I will be spending the day with my wife.

Sometimes it is just as fun as diving

Scott
:wink:

Is she reading this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom