Dive Report - BW Night dive - 7/21/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know it was crazy coming down on the big race weekend but I had to finish off my Reef Check training ...

The class surveyed Lovers and Hopkins and they weren't that bad... aside from getting a little sun burned the check out went well for me and my buddy.

Now with a bit of arm twisting Dive Buddy Al got me to make a night dive at the BW.... while we were gearing up ran into Zen-man.

We did the wall... max depth 49 ft.... the water a nice 49 degrees... Armed with H 10 HID's it was fun playing light sabers on the kick out.... mos tof the usual characters showed up... a small octo on the way back was very shy... but he put on a great camouflage show for us.

Sorry very few pictures this weekend because of the class... But here's a few for Zen Man... Here's what the water looked in the morning.

P7210001%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Can't get IMG tags to work... Mods please help

Oh man you guys were there! I knew I should have hung out near BW to see if any of the "crazy" night divers were out that night. Night dives there are pretty cool. I checked out Lover's and it was like GLASS.

Dude. It was awesome! The vis was amazing on the night dive.. We went into the sandy area at around 36 ft and saw a half dozen or so octopodes. Quite few fish were out doing their thing.

Your photos are exactly what I woke up to Ben! It was like a lake.

My wife and I slept in our car in the BW parking lot. Haven't done that in 10 years! LOL I got up about 5:30 and watched the sunrise. Then dove one more time in the morning and saw a very large spider crab at about 45 ft or so. Then we headed home to beat the race traffic.

Thanks for the help as well Ben. I will PM you soon. I didn't know you were going to be there that morning or I would have said hello.

Buck

P.S. Next time Jason, I will contact you. My wife and I just made a sudden, spontaneous trip.

The race traffic on Sunday usually doesn't pick up untl about 4 p.m. So just don't run
late, and remember plan B to get around 156 (Turn left at the first light. Go as far as
you can and turn right. Go as far as you can and turn right again. You pop out in
Prunedale.).

Unfortunately the boat I was on (Express) didn't get to the dock till 445p so I was stuck... Ended up doubling back and hanging out in town a bit longer versus sitting there... all in all my trip home was about 5 hours!!!

Chuck Tribolet:
The race traffic on Sunday usually doesn't pick up untl about 4 p.m. So just don't run
late, and remember plan B to get around 156 (Turn left at the first light. Go as far as
you can and turn right. Go as far as you can and turn right again. You pop out in
Prunedale.).

Our normal route is 156 to 152. Our kids were due back in Sacramento from a camping trip so I was not going to chance it at all. Even that 156 can get locked down and with the races, I wasn't going to gamble with it. We left about 1pm and it was fine.

Ugh! Why do you have to taunt us with pictures of glassy surfaces and good viz!

Hey Buck,

No biggie. I'm glad you guys had a good time. There sure are a lot of neat things to see at night. I'll have to make it a point to do a night dive next time I'm there.

Well, I'm disappointed now that I couldn't go diving. Had to fly all day. I did not envy the people coming into San Jose. Traffic was still bad around 8:30 PM. Oh well, maybe this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom