Suunto log questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My Suunto Stinger just turned 8 dives old yesterday, and so far I love the little guy, except for two little quirks. One is that the backlight doesn't stay on for very long, which is a pain for night dives. And the other is that the ascent speed graph is a little difficult to see right next to the casing, but that's no big deal.

Anyhow, onto the questions;

1. On the first page of the watch's log mode, the top part of the display shows a -O2. I can't find anywhere in the manual which states what this means. Anyone?

2. After sync'ing to the Suunto Dive Manager software, and then printing out the log pages, each and every dive has the checkbox "Tissue Pressures Invalid" checked. What does this mean?

but the second is easy.

If you go into the graph mode there is a clickbox for "calc" with a red dot in it. Click that, dive manager will run through that sequence of dives, and then the button will go green - that will remove the checkbox.

Genesis once bubbled...
If you go into the graph mode there is a clickbox for "calc" with a red dot in it.

Ah cool. Checkbox is no longer checked. I could've sworn I've clicked the Calc button before. Maybe I didn't save the log when I closed it.

froop once bubbled...
1. On the first page of the watch's log mode, the top part of the display shows a -O2. I can't find anywhere in the manual which states what this means. Anyone?
This always confuses new Suunto users, for good reason. I used to wonder if they were trying to make comments about my gas mixes or telling me that I was so close to the deco limit that I needed O2 fast. Eventually smarter people told me that it was the year indicator - ie, the dive in the log was done in (20)02. It probably was more intuitive back in the 1990s :wink:

I also thought it had something to do with O2 as in oxygen. Good thing I now know, otherwise after my next dive it would be likely that I'd think I need some ozone! (O3) :)

Thanks divedivedive. Might double check over the manual again to see if it is actually mentioned somewhere

froop once bubbled...
I also thought it had something to do with O2 as in oxygen. Good thing I now know, otherwise after my next dive it would be likely that I'd think I need some ozone! (O3) :)

This was a very good one :) :) :)

Thanks divedivedive. Might double check over the manual again to see if it is actually mentioned somewhere

Checked the manual again, and it says that on the first log display it shows the dive number, and date and time. It does not specify that the -## on the top row indicates the year. (The manual shows -00, so I presume it was printed in 2000)

Yes, the first one means Year 2002.

For the second question, someone had posted the answer before in here, but don't know the reason.

For those dives marked with "Tissue Pressure Invalid", you can go back to the Dive Manager Software and look at the graphs of those dives. Below the graph there is a little button "Recalc" that has been turned red. Press the button and let the software to recalculate something, then that dive will have the "Tissue Pressure Invalid" box unchecked when it is printed out.

I don't why this happerns.

Another note on the tissue pressures invalid "feature," even if you have previously calculated a dive series, if you access any dive in the series and make any changes (or even click <Save changes> when no apparent changes have been made) the program will invalidate all calculations on the entire dive series. You must go back into the graph and reclick the calc button to get them "current" again.

Back
Top Bottom