Wrist computer, now SPG + depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone got a suggestion for this situation?

I have a console-based computer. I have decided to go to a wrist-mount.

My options appear to be to sell my existing console unit (pressure gauge and computer) or to remove the computer and keep only the SPG.

But what if the computer fails?

Why doesn't someone make a digital SPG + bottom timer in a SPG-sized-case? That would seem to provide the backup, plus the required SPG, and I'd think it would be rather popular with technical divers as well as those who wear a computer on their wrist, simply due to the small size of the package.

What am I missing here?

I can find a digital bottom timer (OMS is repackaging Uwatecs) and a digital SPG (Uwatec had one in their catalog until recently, and they are still available) but nobody seems to make a combination unit.

Why not keep the console comp. and use it for a backup in case the wristmount fails?

Anyone got a suggestion for a aeris xr1 computer

Genesis:
But what if the computer fails?
First, get with your buddy and let them know your computer died. Then between the two of you decide if the dive is over. If you're alone, start slowly ascending. Your ears will tell you when you get shallower.

wow, this thread is old

Karl (Genesis) has since then moved on to pretty advanced technical diving

he's not around any more, but i'm sure he's fixed this problem by now

H2Andy:
wow, this thread is old

Karl (Genesis) has since then moved on to pretty advanced technical diving

he's not around any more, but i'm sure he's fixed this problem by now
I just about fell out of my chair when I saw this thread by Genisis pop up under "New Posts" - until I saw how old it is.

A nice ending to my April Fools Day. :)

Looks like I got, got. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom