Key Largo Trip Report - 7/9 to 7/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Offroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I just returned from two weeks in the Keys, and I wanted to share a bit regarding this trip. I have posted dive pics and will post a couple of video clips at:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=2977177

We started with a 5 day dive package with the Silent World. MsParamedic (Pat), Chris, Allison, Captain Bob and the entire staff made this a very enjoyable time. Nice boats, friendly people and great diving, we will definately be using them again. We stayed at the Hungry Pelican in one of the small rooms (they are quite small) and were happy with them as well. Great sunsets from their dock and Captain Bob had pointed us to the KL Fisheries so we could grill fresh fish near our room.

At Key West and did one two tank dive with Captains Corner. They were very nice and I'd use them again if diving in KW, but we prefered the sites in Key Largo. There were a few snorkelers on board but the site we went to was clearly aimed at the divers. I highly reccomend Seabago, we went on an all day Sailing/Snorkeling/Kayaking catamaran trip with them and a sunset cruise our last night in KW. Very much enjoyed Mel Fishers and the butterfly conservatory.

On our way back through Key Largo we did an afternoon reef dive with Quiescence. They are top notch, have a great staff, nice boats and a good location. I enjoyed talking with Captain John as he is a wealth of marine information and is happy to share. The next morning we were guided on the Spiegel Grove by Guy, there was moderate current and vis was a bit lower than I'd hoped for but it was still a great dive. We entered and left via the bouy on the Starboard Crane. The wreck is very impressive and I'd like to do it again.

Our favorite resturants were Mrs Mac's Kitchen and Alabama Jacks in KL and Conch Republic in KW. Thanks to all Scubaboard members for their informative answers to my questions about the Key's. With your help we had a great time and are planning to return.

Mark

Pat:

Thanks again for helping to make this a great trip for us. Say Hi to Captain Bob and the gang for Teresa and myself.

Mark

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom