Gilroy Traffic Alert - Garlic Festival 27 - 29 Jul

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't realize it was that time again. Thanks!

If 101 traffic gets too bad, there's always Monterey Rd/Hwy

I live in Morgan Hill. The Garlic Festival should be a non issue to most divers. By the
time the inbound traffic gets bad, most of us will be in the water. The outbound traffic
will be bad 4-6, and is more restricted getting out of the parking lot than by 101.

Do watch out for drunks.

Monterey Hwy is probably not a good alternative. Just stay left on 101.

Any SB'ers going to the Festival? I'll be there again this year. I can't get enough of the Gourmet Alley Calamari and the Garlic Ice Cream!

- Ericson

Garlic Ice Cream? I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but there are some things that you should not combine. :)

It's not bad at all. It's more like vanilla ice cream with a hint of garlic. On a hot weekend, which is usually the case for the Garlic Festival, free garlic ice cream is just soooo....yummy. With all the garlic dishes sold around the festival, the ice cream is not really that garlicky. YMMV. :D

Ericson

I do like garlic though. Might need to show up at the festival. Anyone know how early/late they are open? I'd like to go try this garlic ice cream, just to see. I do love me some garlic too. Pickled garlic is good stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom