Wisdom vs Wisdom 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ichigolin

Registered
Reaction score
Aside from the cosmetic differences, anyone know the differences between the Wisdom and Wisdom 2? I've seen a few reviews and can't believe that none of the reviewers mention differences, which is rather pathetic.

FYI.. I have v1 and love it.

I know this thread is old so I won't drag on. If you are still looking for answers you can repond and I will go into more depth.

I own the Wisdom and really like it. It is very user friendly. My brother-in-law has the Aries AI which is the same as the Wisdom II and it sucks!! (in our opinion). He has actually had to turn it in twice because the temp is off 6 degrees and it won't down load to a PC with consistency. His latest one is off 3 degrees on temp and right out of the box it leaked.

If you are still around I am interested in the difference between the wisdom & Wisdom 2. I have just bought a second hand wisdom with 6 dives logged and now wonder if I should have held out for a wisdom2

You did well. The Wisdom is far better thatn the Wisdom 2. The wisdom 2 is simply an aries AI, they are one in the same. If you got it for a good price, I would say you are all the better off.

One thing I don't like about it, or the wisdom 2 for that matter, is that it will always say that you have assended too fast. Faster that .5 ft in 1 sec instead of 1 ft in 1 sec. I think that many of the computers are set to that. In any event, it shows that on every dive I have gone up too fast.

I have a Wisdom 1, and it is the second one I've owned. They replaced my original after about 200 dives when it flooded at depth due to an o-ring failure. Strangely enough, it thought I was descending while I was walking up the beach towards my car. 146ft in a 30 foot deep pond. I couldn't stop laughing.

The new replacement has had about 80 dives on it with no issues. I love it, but I've decided to sell it to cover the cost of some new equipment.

You did well. The Wisdom is far better thatn the Wisdom 2. The wisdom 2 is simply an aries AI, they are one in the same. If you got it for a good price, I would say you are all the better off.

One thing I don't like about it, or the wisdom 2 for that matter, is that it will always say that you have assended too fast. Faster that .5 ft in 1 sec instead of 1 ft in 1 sec. I think that many of the computers are set to that. In any event, it shows that on every dive I have gone up too fast.

I know that this thread is very old, but I don't believe the above information is correct.
The Wisdom II computers I've seen are identical the original Wisdom other than
they removed the color coding around the edge for the loading bars and the
ascent rate indicator.

Here is a response about this from Sherwood:
wisdom-vs-wisdom-2l

The Wisdom cannot be the same as the Aeris Atmos AI if the information displayed
on the Wisdom II is the same as the Wisdom I. The Aeris Atmos AI doesn't have
all the fields on the LCD that the Wisdom II has.

google for images of the Wisdom and look at some
of the online stores at the pictures of the Wisdom II you will be able to see the differences.

--- bill

The differences between the Wisdom and Wisdom II are very minimal. Bill is correct the layout of the screen is essentially identical. The label (the graphics on the outside of the screen) where the loading bars are, are different. The other differences between the computers on not cosmetic, they are in the case and the lens.

Other than that they are the same computer.

Which one is better? In my opinion there is not a right answer. Which one looks better to you?

Sherwood Scuba Rep

Back
Top Bottom