1st casualty in the keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that's terrible, wonder what happened? Maybe heart attack?

It's crazy most of these people going nuts over lobster get off the sofa and dust off their 15 year old gear to dive this one time of the year...there will be a few heart attacks I bet.

Cheers.

-J.-

johnny_bravo:
It's crazy most of these people going nuts over lobster get off the sofa and dust off their 15 year old gear to dive this one time of the year...there will be a few heart attacks I bet.

Cheers.

-J.-

Do you have unreported information on this particular tragedy?

or

Just speculation;

remember that the diver's family members may be reading your posts.

tonka97:
or
Just speculation;

remember that the diver's family members may be reading your posts.

History, that's all.

There was some good information on diving deaths in the Keys that was lost in the Colossal SB Crash of 2007 that detailed how everyone died there in 2006. What I came away thinking was they may eliminate almost 25% (4 of 17) of the deaths if there wasn't a mini season. That's just my opinion there but I don't think you'll find anyone disagreeing there's folks diving in the water today and tomorrow that don't dive any other time.

tonka97:
or
Just speculation; remember that the diver's family members may be reading your posts.

General blanket statement (speculation whatever) based on seeing the type of divers that get all crazy for lobster mini-season.

Cheers.

-J.-

johnny_bravo:

Cheers.

-J.-

This may sound funny but a few weeks back while shore diving, I first assisted then chatted with a fella using gear that was both old and unmaintained.. the short is he was working REALLY hard to be in the water and he'd blown half his hair before we even descended for the dive. Talking later after I finished the dive he thanked me for pulling him up and basically thumbing his participation. I wasn't in the mood for a body search, ya know.

LOL Colin that's exactly what I'm taking about...I have no problem helping newbies out but these once a year lobster gladiators should know better :coffee:

Cheers.

-J.-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom