Answering questions regarding our video lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nocturnal Lights

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am seeing a lot of questions regarding our video light setups scattered around the site. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask me in this thread, it'll be good for everyone to compile all of the FAQs in one thread.

Right now we have 3 setups for videos. The SLX, SL50, and the TL50 Twin Beam video packages. Heres' a quick recommendation from our recommendations page:

SLX Video Light Packages - An ultra affordable lighting package for macro videos and videos using mini-dvs and digital cameras. The battery pack is enclosed in the housing so all you need to do is connect the lights to the arms and then to the housing.

SL50 Video Light Package - An ultra affordable lighting package for all ranges of videographers. The battery pack is enclosed in the housing so all you need to do is connect the lights to the arms and then to the housing.

TL50 Twin Beam Package - By attaching the battery pack to a custom mount or on a bc, weight belt, tank strap, or custom trays, the light heads can be mounted to arms and then to the video housing.

For details specs and information please visit http://www.nocturnallights.com/category_s/3.htm

I am here to answer any questions that you might have :)

Tim, do you think I will need to add buoyancy to my housing if I have the TL50? I have an Amphibico EVO PRO HD with out side monitor and Loc Line for arms. I plan on putting the battery on the housing? Also Thanks for your help on the battery problem about a week ago.......Mark

Hi Mark,

We made some buoyancy sleeves for the SL50 and the TL50 and that'll be available in early september. The Loc Lines will hold the Tl50 light head without a problem since they're very compact and the light head itself is neutrally buoyant. You will need a diffuser for videos but you won't need a light ball adapter since you can just screw the light directly onto your loc lines. How do you plan on moutning the battery on your housing?

Well not sure yet maybe wire ties that I can cut off when not in use. What do you think? Mark

I can't see any lumen info. on any of your lights. Is this info available? Also are any of your lights self-focusable?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom