What Women Want... Dork Diver Style!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl

Cupcake, Queen of Dorks
Reaction score
Off the road for good in April '08 and at home in
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, I'm recovering from a rather heated thread in the women's forum, I wanted to create a thread where we, the ladies of Dork Diving, can chat about the dorky side of things in scuba!

So- nail polish for diving! Hair tips! Who needs lingerie when you've got neoprene!

Chat on, my fashionable female friends!

My excuse for posting here... I'm not sure I should be allowed OUT of the Dork Diver's forum. It's just not safe out there! No one wants to have fun anymore!

I tried wearing a jog bra and black undies under my wetsuit...it was very fashionable but the cotton panties sagged when wet. :D

Here is a tip:
Those little black felt like bags from Sephora work great for protecting your dive computer in your reg bag while traveling. I always use my reg bag as a carry on and wrap my dive computer separately so it doesn't get scratched. Seriously.....
I don't paint my fingernails though, just toes......

I made it!

Speaking of toenails, did you know they grow at the same rate as the continents move? Isn't that an amazing fact? I am full of useless nail-related trivia. Can I be a dork now?

scratchmyback:
Speaking of toenails, did you know they grow at the same rate as the continents move? Isn't that an amazing fact? I am full of useless nail-related trivia. Can I be a dork now?

:rofl3: I feel so much more enlightened now! :rofl3: If the continents move as fast as my toenails grow, then they're bound to colide in the next year or two! LOL

Off to repaint my toenails.... hmmm, OPI really does need to create a diver's line of color... starting with the ideas that you and TG gave!

Trucker Girl... THANK YOU for starting this light-hearted thread!

Let the banter begin! :D

Yeah, does anybody know of a sports bra made of polypro or microfiber? As I requested that my male buddies avert their eyes yesterday so I could pull off my sopping wet shirt (wrist seal problems) it occurred to me that a nice sports bra would avoid the problem. But they're all cotton, which is not a good fabric to have on when you get wet.

A nice black bra and panty set that looks like a bathing suit would give me a lot of clothes-changing options for sites with no facilities!

TS&M - how about one of those bathing suit sets with the bra type top and boy shorts? One of my instructors swears by them under her semi-dry. Might not have enough wick away for full dry maybe?

Look in the Yoga & running sections of the sports area - they seem to have the best stuff for materials. I saw something on the net the other day - maybe I can find the link...

TSandM:
Yeah, does anybody know of a sports bra made of polypro or microfiber? As I requested that my male buddies avert their eyes yesterday so I could pull off my sopping wet shirt (wrist seal problems) it occurred to me that a nice sports bra would avoid the problem. But they're all cotton, which is not a good fabric to have on when you get wet.

A nice black bra and panty set that looks like a bathing suit would give me a lot of clothes-changing options for sites with no facilities!
Target sells Champion brand jog bras in a coolmax (or something similar) fabric for about $16. They're pretty nice. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom