NDR: Good Chinese/Thai restaurant recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcus8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know, I know, nothing to do with diving. But I've gotten some good restaurant tips here before and am hoping for another. I'm diving with my lady this weekend and will be down in the area for the whole weekend AND it's her birthday. I'm trying to setup a romantic little picnic on the beach scene in Carmel for the two of us and she mentioned she'd like some good Thai or spicy Chinese (Szechwan actually) for her bday meal. As much as I've been to the Monterey/Carmel area and eaten out, I honestly can't remember seeing much Asian food of this style around...Panda Express doesn't count. I'd like something tasty for takeout. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks much

Mark

I like Thai better.....

Siamese Bay Restaurant
tel. +1 831.373.1550
131 Webster
Monterey, CA

Great food... a little hard to get to because of the one ways... but it's in old town Monterey going away from the water.

Amarin Thai Cuisine
tel. +1 831.373.8811
807 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940

Near the aquarium... haven't tried it but from looking at the menu it looks pretty nice

While oriental food is great, I think the best meal to be had in the area is to go spear a ling at Carmel River and then deliver it to Le Coq D'Or for poaching for dinner.

I agree with the Siamese Bay recommendation. And on another day if you guys like Vietnamese food, try the Noodle Bar on Fremont near Playa St. Not a lot of chairs, but their food is always pretty good and cheap. :) Oh and they aren't open on Sundays.

Yes, I'm reading a lot of good Siamese Bay reviews. Confirmed their hours and it's true they are not open on Sunday, but Saturday will work just fine. I'll check it out.

Thanks to all who replied.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom