Orlando AOW Class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubastud16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Where is a good place to get a PADI AOW class? I wanted to do it through the LDS that I work at, but we do our dives off boats, and I'm looking to do it when I go back to school (go UCF Knights!), and hopefully in springs to cut down on some of the cost (no boat charters!).

Thanks guys!

Danny

Scubastud16:
Anybody got any reccomendations? Anybody? .....<cricket, cricket>
Ive been to Scuba World on Colonial. Havnt taken classes, but seems like an OK shop. Your best bet is to go talk to an instructor, compare service and price with other dive centers. There might also be some independant instructors. Have you done boat dives before? I highly reccomend it if you havnt. Plus, the deep dive is nearly impossible to do in our springs.

All of my diving has been boat diving. Just looking to save money on boat charters.

Danny

Scubastud16:
All of my diving has been boat diving. Just looking to save money on boat charters.

Danny
Ah, no big then. What about deep experience?

Been from 70-85 several times.

jviehe:
Hmm, guess AOW will be fluff for you then. Make em do a drysuit dive just to challenge them :).

Should be! Just looking to get on the 'Grove down in Largo sometime soon, and I'm going to Cozumel and Grand Cayman over New Years, and I'd like the certification to 100'.

Thanks for your help! :14:

Scubastud16:
Should be! Just looking to get on the 'Grove down in Largo sometime soon, and I'm going to Cozumel and Grand Cayman over New Years, and I'd like the certification to 100'.

Thanks for your help! :14:
Keep in mind you are already "trained" to 130. AOW doesnt mean anything without experience. Many boats will accept and even prefer experience over training. Just FYI. That doesnt mean you can learn a lot from AOW. Just dont want anyone to get the impression that its the end all. It really depends on the diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom