DUI CLX450 price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jefffalcone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anybody help me out with what a fair price to pay for this suit would be? The LDS quoted me pretty much MSRP, but I havn't tried to bargain with him yet. I'd like to give him the business, but I think that paying MSRP is just ridiculous. How far down can I expect him to come before I'm just being unreasonable? I appreciate any feedback, especially from dive shop owners who understand the margin he would need.

Thanks,
Jeff

jefffalcone:
Can anybody help me out with what a fair price to pay for this suit would be? The LDS quoted me pretty much MSRP, but I havn't tried to bargain with him yet. I'd like to give him the business, but I think that paying MSRP is just ridiculous. How far down can I expect him to come before I'm just being unreasonable? I appreciate any feedback, especially from dive shop owners who understand the margin he would need.

Thanks,
Jeff

is the lds including an speciality course on how to maintain and use the product? If he is then figure $@200.-$250. discount right there..I used to be able to work with a 10%-13% discount on a DUI item.If you get a 10% off msrp and a speciality class seems like a good deal there.

jefffalcone:

Thanks,
Jeff

Great post. I am considering purchase of same product. The responding post gave excellent information that will be helpful.

Another angle would be to get a few fellow divers together and bargain for 15% discount, and specialty class as a group????

Check out www.aquatoyz.com Drysuit section. Clay is the webmaster for the site and announced they've currently got a DUI sale going on - some pretty decent prices - including a CLX450 stock for about $1650.

I suggest Checking with divetank.com they seem to have the best prices I have found anywere and great customer service as well.:D

Last year when I was considering between TLS and CLX, both suits were under $2000 in my LDS. They are authorized dealers, and that price was for all customers, not just for special ppl. So for me - not fair if it starts with 2
:D

Well, I just put in my order at the LDS. He and I came to an agreement that I think we are both happy about. I got the CLX450 with all the options I wanted for a price that was very comprable to the best online price I could find. He made up the difference with a couple of incentives. He's giving me free lessons and free drysuit rentals until my suit comes in. Thanks for all the advice, and Steve, thanks for runnig a class act operation.

Great job. I think the drysuit is one big purchase that you want to be properly trained on (instead of mudding your way through it). I am about to purchase a CLx 50/50 myself - just saving the money up. I think DUI does take about a month or so to build and deliver if you are getting a non-off-the-shelf version (eg Signature Series).

Enjoy!

-D.

I debated between the FLX50/50 and the CLX450. After looking at the suits, I decided that the CLX matarial is so ruggid that I definately won't put holes in it and it seems like it is almost as comfortable as the TLS material. It seems to me like the top half of the 50/50 might be easy to tear or puncture, so overall the CLX is more durable. I also thought about going with the indestructable crushed neoprene suit, but the LDS owner steared me away from it. He said I would be more comfortable in the CLX and it is durable enough that I am unlikely to have any problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom