Visiting Monterey - Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mohave_steve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

I will be visiting Monterey this weekend. I had hoped to be there Thursday or Friday so I could dive Pt. Lobos. Unfortunately I got tied up and will not arrive until late Friday.

Since Pt. Lobos is booked up for the weekend where would you suggest? I am a relatively new diver (18 months/25 dives). Any groups have a dive planned that I may
join??

Thanks

Steve

Check out Monterrey Express. They run boats morning and afternoon, 2 tanks each trip. We dove with them last August and had a great time: professional, prompt and good sites chosen.

Some suggestions:
1. 7mm or better (53 deg F was considered "warmer than usual" :11: ). Dry if you're certified for it.
2. I tried doing both the AM and PM boat--3rd dive was tough and 4th was miserable.
3. There are a lot of divers on these boats and they are there to dive--common boat courtesy applies in oorder to not feel pressured: be there on time (early is better), board promptly, and keep your gear organized into the small space that's yours.

Have a lot of fun! (And bummer you can't make Pt Lobos--it's truly a gem; and a bargain.)

Hate to burst the bubble, but Monterey Express is full. :shakehead

Could always try the Escapade or Beach Hopper 2......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom