Has anyone dove The Breakers from Shore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef_Haven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know you can dive The Breakers in West Palm by boat. I've also seen you can dive from shore, off of Sunset Ave. There is two hour parking there, but the signs say by special permit. Does anyone know anything about needing a parking permit?:confused:

Dove there last week. There is a couple of spots you can park without a permit. We were staying at the Breaker and I drove over to Sunset to check it out for future reference. I'd still double check with the police just to be sure.

The dive was great. We dove the old pier right in fron of the hotel, saw a large manta ray, nurse shark, lots of fish. Watch out for the boat trafic...fly a flag.

I was there this weekend, both days with a kayak. You just need a buddy, drop the gear off on the end of the road, drive west 3 blocks and a little north and you will find free parking, jog back and go diving for as long as you want.

And if you can afford to stay at the Breakers, you can afford a boat! :) :) :)

dumpsterDiver:
I was there this weekend, both days with a kayak. You just need a buddy, drop the gear off on the end of the road, drive west 3 blocks and a little north and you will find free parking, jog back and go diving for as long as you want.

And if you can afford to stay at the Breakers, you can afford a boat! :) :) :)
Thanks for that. So..... park along N. County Rd or farther West? and then do you walk South on the Beach until your in front of Breakers Hotel or is any place good? How far off shore?

I dive directly off sunset approximately 400 yrds, 2nd main reef line, depth is around 22 feet, I walk south on beach 200 yards and then go straight out. I don't walk far enough south to dive right off the hotel. The current will carry you orth and you can drift north over the intermitten outer reef for maybe 1/3 mile and then swim in and hit the next inshore reef that is 12-15 feet deep and then runs further north... then send one person to walk back and get the car.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom