Miss Louise Wreck Dive Report 7-26-2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Rstone826 and I met up today at 8 AM at Lion's Park in Niceville, FL. We launched his boat, loaded the gear and headed out across the bay towards Destin. The weather was overcast and there were showers in the area. The seas were calm and we had a smooth ride across the bay going toward Destin. We made our way through the Destin Pass and headed East toward the Miss Louise.

Rstone826 had his GPS/Sonar programed and it brought us right to the wreck. We anchored and began to gear up. In order to get in the water we had to roll off of the front of rstone826's boat. We hit the water at 9:39 AM. We went down the anchor line and swam a short distance to the south and we found the Miss Louise. The wreck is covered with thousands of bait fish. We swam around the wreck observing fish and rstone826 was taking pictures with his new camera. There was a huge school of very large spade fish swimming aound us. They looked awsome as they moved back and forth over the wreck. We saw many of the fish you would expect to see off of Destin this time of year...thousands of bait minnows, a very large, beautiful queen angel, damsels, butterfly fish, Amberjack, grouper just to mention a few.

The highlight of the dive for me was when rstone826 handed me his camera to take some pictures. While snapping a few shots something large to my left caught my eye and a very large Barracuda came from behind me. I got a shot of him with the camera and moved to position myself for a few more shots if he cruised back by. He stayed with us for a while and it was great seeing this large fish. The Miss Louise is a fun dive to make and we both had a great time exploring all the sea life on this wreck.

The Miss Louise statistics for this dive were: 36 minute dive, water temp 86 degrees, max depth 56 foot, visibility was approx. 50 foot. There was no current. rstone826 was a great boat captain and we agreed that I would post the dive report and he would post the pictures he took with his new camera. I will post another report on our other dives today in another thread.

Great report Glen! Nice to see you posting again and I'm looking forward to the pictures. rstone sent me a message saying he was going out there, but my work schedule didn't agree this time around :/

I'm really jealous now! LOL

I had plenty of work to do today but when Rick said he was going I just had to make a dive. I am happy to say that on the first dive I had my steel LP 108. I started with 2411 PSI and finished with 1141. Not as good as you....but my SAC is getting better.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Great report Glen! Nice to see you posting again and I'm looking forward to the pictures. rstone sent me a message saying he was going out there, but my work schedule didn't agree this time around :/

I'm really jealous now! LOL

OK let's see the pics!!!! :D

That large cuda was there a few weks ago when we dove the luis from our boat. I put corrected GPS numbers up in another thread. He was a very large fellow and seemed not at all disturbed by us. As we came up and over the wreck he lifted up and followed along a short distance before swimming back to his resting spot. He is one big cuda.

N

I agree....he was not bothered by us at all. He stayed around a good portion of the time we were there. He is a big fella. Looks like he is used to hanging around divers. While we were doing our safety stop another Barracuda came around but he looked smaller. But, he was farther away so not sure.

Nemrod:
That large cuda was there a few weks ago when we dove the luis from our boat. I put corrected GPS numbers up in another thread. He was a very large fellow and seemed not at all disturbed by us. As we came up and over the wreck he lifted up and followed along a short distance before swimming back to his resting spot. He is one big cuda.

N

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom