Beach Dive, South Broward, Saturday Morning July 28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Calling all beach divers!!! My fishing trip for tomorrow was cancelled and I want to make lemonade out of that lemon...so let's go beach diving!!!

Let's meet at 8 a.m. and get into the water no later than 8:15. Bring your flag if you have one. Sometimes people want to make two dives so if you have two tanks, bring 'em. If you don't...well, Coastal Marine is right up the street for a fill.

Let's dive Dania Beach! Interactive map here. Depending on people's druthers, we could go to the very North end and hike a little to the erojacks, or we could simply dive the very south end which is just a short walk to water's edge. They have master meters, $1/hour, bring quarters and bills because sometimes the machines take one and not the other.

This could be your last chance to dive before bugs come back into season and you will be burdened with all of that capturing gear...so bring your camera instead. You can get a cheapie u/w camera at Walgreen's and have a little fun if you don't have a better one.

So, who's in??? Post your name and which end of the beach you prefer. :D
Marine Forecast for DEERFIELD BEACH to OCEAN REEF
Saturday... Southeast winds around 5 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters smooth. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.

DIVE DIVE DIVE!!!

EDIT: AS OF FRIDAY EVENING, IT SEEMS WE ARE DOING THE JACKS FOR THE FIRST DIVE...I WILL MEET YOU AT 8 A.M. AT THE NORTH END OF DANIA BEACH. LOOK FOR A SILVER CR-V WITH THE PLATE "DBDVR" AND I HAVE VERY SHORT BLEACHED HAIR. WE WILL MEET NEAR THE PIER AND WALK TO THE JACKS AREA.

tltracy pm'd me and said yes and voted for erojacks...

Who else wants to beach dive tomorrow? Should be a pretty morning!

I hope you can join us...and take more of your awesome pics!!! Will your dive shop give you a loaner while you are getting yours visualed? And...hmm..my LDS does visual checks while you wait...yours had to be dropped off? You could always rent one from Coastal if you want to join us...hope to SEE you there and dive with you again!

Cool, SEA you there!

I'm in, but I vote for a later time. We usually get there around 9 or 10 because we're lazy. On extremely lazy days, its 1, but the storms have squashed that plan.

I'll see if I can talk Mrs h2oskier into diving again tomorrow. We've never done the erojacks so it might be an enticing argument.

After two days of EARLY mini-season diving I'm ready for a later start. I second obxdiveguy's suggestion for a later start. If there is enough interest, perhaps we can have two groups to accomodate the early and late divers.

I'm still going to be there at 8, I have lots to do tomorrow...besides, that is late for me...when I ride on weekends, I need to be way out in West Broward at 7:30. Being a mile from home at 8 is "sleeping in" for me!! How about you do what will be other people's second tanks with them?

OOPS H2O and I were posting at the same time...again, I will be there at 8. Nothing wrong with the rest of you coming later and doing your own thing!

We'll most likely be getting in the water around 9AM maybe a little earlier, but I don't think we'll make the 8AM group. It's a 45 minute drive for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom