can a pike eat a duck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trewbs

Reaction score
can a pike eat a duck?

no...really, its a serious question.

I was diving yesterday and saw a small bone on the lake bottom, I picked it up and put it in my pocket so I could find out what it was.

I asked one of the instructors and he said that it was a duck femur which are left when the pike eat the ducks.

Was he being serious or was he just yanking my chain?:confused:

raxafarian once bubbled...
yes...no problem for them.

Do you have snapping turtles in your area? They can also.
Absolutely! We live on an inland lake that Mallards and Loons breed on. The chicks are fair game for pike and muskie for about their first whole year of life. The Mallards can start out with ten or twelve chicks and are lucky if four or five survive the first year.

Nature can be a *itch!

NetDoc once bubbled...
officially hates Pikes! :tease:
Wait till one scares the bajeepers out of ya by standing his ground underwater. Pike are kinda like barracuda that way. Their first response to seeing you tends to be suspiciously similar to a predator checking you out as prey.

Pulled some weeds aside on a rebreather dive this summer and found myself nose to nose with a 3 footer.:eek:

It gets your attention!

but nothing is more spooky than to see a giant Alligator Snapping Turtle head appear out of nowhere and snag a minnow! Dang thing might have been able to snap my wrist!!! Your first gator underwater is kinda freaky too!

There is a dive shop in Broken Bow, Okla. that has an AGST for a coffee table.

Now that's scary!

Did you hear the one about the pike(or was it a musky?) that would spit acorns out at the waters edge and wait for squarls??
No realy I read it in a magazien. I think it was an old Field and stream.:eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom