CraigsList been good to me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O2BBubbleFree

Contributor
Reaction score
I ain’t got nothing better to do, so thought I’d brag about my latest SCUBA purchase.

Cruising CraigsList I ran across an ad the other day, ‘complete set of ScubaPro gear, $75.’ I figured, “what the heck,” and bought the following, sight unseen.

1. MK10? First with G250 second. I needed to replace my octo, so got the G250 serviced. Since it has an adjustment knob and the G200b I have been using doesn’t, the ‘new’ G250 became my primary, and my ‘old’ G200b is now my octo. The G250 was probably worth the $75 I paid. I didn’t get the first stage serviced, so don’t know its condition or even what model it is for sure. Side note: After the service tech put the freshly-serviced G250 on my Mk15, and while he was checking the cracking pressure and the adjustment knob, he said, “Wow! That’s really a good breather. It breathes better than my Apex.” Maybe he was blowing smoke, but made me feel good. Not that I will be able to tell any difference between it and the G200b I was using.

2. 2-gauge console w/ Dacor SPG and Dacor 150’ analog depth gauge, with max depth needle. When I popped the depth gauge out of the console I was surprised to find that it has ‘ears’ for a watch band. Kinda cool. Maybe I’ll put a band on it and use it as a back-up.

3. Air II. Asked my SP tech if he could get parts for it. He told me that he can, but since it’s a 1st gen, it’s not a real good breather, and would probably bring $100 on eBay as a collectors item, as-is. Seems a little optimistic, but OK. The red buttons are pretty faded, so it looks pretty old

4. Dacor brass fill adapter with a low pressure hose and tire chuck attached. Kinda scary. The tire chuck looks like its gutted, so it probably free-flows once you open the tank valve, so maybe it won’t overpressure the hose and blow it, but I ain't going to find out. Think I’ll stick to my LP inflator hose / tire chuck for inflating my float. Anyway, anybody know what the fill adapter might be worth?

5. Original ForceFins. I know, you either love ‘em or hate ‘em. At least I have the opportunity to try ‘em for myself… I’m thinking I could get $75 just for them. What do you think? They have plain nylon heel straps w/o the rubber bit. They show their age, but the rubber is still pliable, not cracking, etc.

6. old faded blue ScubaPro jacket. Haven’t tried putting air in it yet. Only markings on it is the size, L. If it holds air I’ll probably hang onto it as a loaner or something.

Not bad for $75, eh?

O2BBubbleFree:
6. old faded blue ScubaPro jacket. Haven’t tried putting air in it yet. Only markings on it is the size, L. If it holds air I’ll probably hang onto it as a loaner or something.

Probably a Classic model. It's been around for a long time and it is quite the workhorse BCD. They used to use them a lot for rentals!

Sounds like you got a pretty great deal!:)

Pictures of the first stage and BCD would help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom