Jean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool:
You really oughta do something with that long hose.
http://cavediver.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6785&cat=500&page=1

Our own jeandiver is a well-known celebrity, people! She is even being studied by scientists, according to reports from Cave Country.
http://cavediver.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6279&sid=4566b9a4ab8e9d2a6f9d59efecde6a35

Gads , how sloppy of me leaving that Long Hose out there untucked ... :11:
Now as to the well-known celebrity , I have it on good account that those NSS-CDS scientists well , er , uh ... :shakehead

The findings are quite , disturbing to say the least.

(But I was singing today up the Orange Grove Tunnel to Challenge and singing all the way back...Kind a mellow tune selection today. Somehow that low tunnel is not a good one for some really ROCKY music , let me tell ya )

Da Bean

P.S. David , your da Best !!! :wink:

NOW THE VERY SAD NEWS:
We lost one of our own last weekend (I believe) in a cave system right on the Withlachoochie called "The Cracks". (its a river cave)
From the write-up I have seen , from her husband , no less (Gads , that man is SO STRONG) it was an issue with PO2 Tolerance (Underwater Seisure).
No equip failure. The Cracks is a DEEP cave and I believe Trimix was involved.
the CDF has the details. (GADS , SO VERY VERY SAD)
(I have NOT dove it , and its WAY too deep for my training limitations , thats fer sure...)

Now I want to get cave certified so I can engage in lightsaber battles with Jean!

A year or so ago, I helped build some set pieces and run a show that involved a time machine, a mad scientist's lair, and lots of fog. A few hours before the opening, we had already prepared the lair, which was down at audience level off to one side behind some accordian doors. So I turned off the HVAC system, where the smoke detectors are, and turned on the fog machine, "just to test it." :) It was so foggy in there, you coulnd't see jack squat! So we all did what any techie would do in such a situation: get the maglites! We had fun running around whacking our heads off with what really looked like lightsabers in the smoky room. Fortunately, the fire alarms didn't go off :)

I actually want to get cave certified for many other reasons, namely, every time I see a picture of people, like Jean, diving in a cave, my heart leaps in my chest and I know that cave diving is something I was meant to do! :wink: Secondly, every time I watch video of people diving in a cave....same deal. It's so beautiful, and there's always an objective. I don't like dives where you just kind of wander around, I really like the idea of penetrating something to a certain point, seeing how far in you can get before thirds, or making it to a popular spot, looking around, then leaving. It's a challenge of sorts, one that as soon as I have enough cash saved up, I will take on! :)

jeandiver:
Gads , how sloppy of me leaving that Long Hose out there untucked ... :11:
Now as to the well-known celebrity , I have it on good account that those NSS-CDS scientists well , er , uh ... :shakehead

The findings are quite , disturbing to say the least.

(But I was singing today up the Orange Grove Tunnel to Challenge and singing all the way back...Kind a mellow tune selection today. Somehow that low tunnel is not a good one for some really ROCKY music , let me tell ya )

Da Bean

P.S. David , your da Best !!! :wink:

NOW THE VERY SAD NEWS:
We lost one of our own last weekend (I believe) in a cave system right on the Withlachoochie called "The Cracks". (its a river cave)
From the write-up I have seen , from her husband , no less (Gads , that man is SO STRONG) it was an issue with PO2 Tolerance (Underwater Seisure).
No equip failure. The Cracks is a DEEP cave and I believe Trimix was involved.
the CDF has the details. (GADS , SO VERY VERY SAD)
(I have NOT dove it , and its WAY too deep for my training limitations , thats fer sure...)

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of another diver, Jean. I'm glad you are still singing though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom