Just Checking..Too Much $$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got a Sea Quest XLTw/integrated backup air, an Aqualung Titan rega nd secondary, & a Suunto Gekko. IMO not a bad setup for someone brand new to diving and at least I have my own essentials. I know LP might be cheaper and I'm not trying to start another debate about supporting your LDS or how much can be saved via the net. But I'm curious if I spent WAY too much. Before IL tax retail was $900. What do you think?:confused:

45yrold_newbie:
I just got .... But I'm curious if I spent WAY too much. Before IL tax retail was $900. What do you think?:confused:

At this point, it doesn't matter. The time to do price comparsions is before you buy or sell; not after.

Enjoy it.

Off the top of my head, that sounds about right. Just going with my own recollection of how much that all costs, and haven't double checked.

awap:
At this point, it doesn't matter. The time to do price comparsions is before you buy or sell; not after.

Enjoy it.

No DUH!!!:)

I was just checking so I can determine if I want to continue going to the shop I did or if I want to seek out somewhere else.

Thanks for your input though and trust me I will enjoy it regardless.

Out of curiousity, which shop did you go to? :D

45yrold_newbie:
I just got a Sea Quest XLTw/integrated backup air, an Aqualung Titan rega nd secondary, & a Suunto Gekko. IMO not a bad setup for someone brand new to diving and at least I have my own essentials. I know LP might be cheaper and I'm not trying to start another debate about supporting your LDS or how much can be saved via the net. But I'm curious if I spent WAY too much. Before IL tax retail was $900. What do you think?:confused:

the retail price on your purchase is around $1500.very good deal and perhaps do not name the facility publicly for they sold gear to you below manufacturer allowed price,even with the free alt air souce deals that Aqualung currently has.

45yrold_newbie:
I just got a Sea Quest XLTw/integrated backup air, an Aqualung Titan rega nd secondary, & a Suunto Gekko. IMO not a bad setup for someone brand new to diving and at least I have my own essentials. ... Before IL tax retail was $900. What do you think?
I think you got some good gear for your diving at a good price. You didn't overpay. Enjoy using it!

Thanks for the replies. I had a chance to go play in the pool Sunday with the new gear and I really like it! I do my OW checkouts this weekend. I can't wait!!! Now I just need to find a way to save enough $$ for a trip to the Keys or Bahamas this winter!

45yrold_newbie:
Thanks for the replies. I had a chance to go play in the pool Sunday with the new gear and I really like it! I do my OW checkouts this weekend. I can't wait!!! Now I just need to find a way to save enough $$ for a trip to the Keys or Bahamas this winter!

You might think of Cozumel...it might be cheaper, warmer & better diving........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom