Latex allergy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most drysuit manufacturers give you the option of latex or neoprene seals. I dove a White's suit with neoprene seals for years, and it never leaked. Latex seals are easier to replace, but the neo seals are tougher. So, six one, a half dozen the other.

Neoprene neck seals are warmer, too! Do try on a suit with a neoprene neck seal prior to ordering a custom suit. (If you go custom) Sometimes women have trouble with neoprene seals as their necks can have a much smaller circumference than their head. The seal has to be large enough to get over one's head. If you have a tiny neck than the neoprene may not have enough stretch to do so.

Also, if you haven't figured out the warmer water suit look for polar fleece. I really liked the one I used in tropical climates. Loved it other than it wasn't as stretchy as neoprene.

Paula

Back
Top Bottom