Taba - advise wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scoufr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, in the end we're off to TABA!

Is there anyone that can help recommend a good DC there - in particular thinking of my gf (OW) who is still a little nervous at times.

We will be there one week, and diving will be our main activity (hope to go see some of the rich cultural heritage too though) so ideally we'd like to organise in advance say 4 days diving incl gear at a decent price! (Seems to be some biggish price difference between DCs judging from Googling??).

And final question: would it somehow be possible to combine us diving together, while i also do the Rescue Diver course?

All advise and insights greatly received so... Thanks, Merci, Danke, Shuk'hran!!!

Rikard and Belen

PS: Dear admins - I have another post which asks similar questions but is more general about Egypt, so please don't take this one out since we really (!) need Taba advise. :)

scoufr:
Is there anyone that can help recommend a good DC there - in particular thinking of my gf (OW) who is still a little nervous at times.
Red Sea Waterworld
scoufr:
We will be there one week, and diving will be our main activity (hope to go see some of the rich cultural heritage too though)
Check out day trips to Petra (Jordan) and Dead Sea (Israel).

Hi (again :)) Bubble.
Thanks for the advise - on both counts! Will certainly do!
Do you also have any expericned of the Werner Lau DC? I just noted that their prices appear to be significantly lower than RSW which surprised me a little? E.g. €100 for 5 days eqip versus €150 for RSW. Don't want to be a cheapskate.. but 50%+??

scoufr:
Hi (again :)) Bubble.
Do you also have any expericned of the Werner Lau DC?
No, sorry. They had just opened when I left. Waterworld are pretty professional though and have good boats and equip. They have two boats, one goes out for the day, and one goes out for two dives in the morning, comes back and goes out for one dive in the afternoon. They also have three shore dives, so they are very flexible schedule wise. A good dive to start you off (and your nervous girlfriend) would be the Radisson House Reef (shore dive). It's nice and shallow, great vis, beautiful reef and I've seen some cool stuff there - frogfish, torpedo rays, turtles etc.

I recommend a trip to the coloured canyon. Very nice. Its near the border not far from taba.

Kevster:
I recommend a trip to the coloured canyon. Very nice. Its near the border not far from taba.
Cheers Kevster, will try to do that one!

scoufr, Hope you had a great time! Please post a trip report when you get back for me and everyone else who'd like to read it. I'm considering a trip to Taba myself.

Hi there - haven'yt been yet, off next week - but will definetly send a report!
Cheerio

I've dove and stayed in Taba and Taba Heights. If you're talking about Taba Heights, we dove twice on the day boat with Waterworld and we very happy with everything. On our first trip we were a group of 5 and had the entire boat to ourselves. The second trip was a little crowded, but enjoyable nonetheless.

We stayed at Marriot in Taba Heights. The pool area is awesome. I'd recommend having dinner at the hotel. We went in to "town" for mexican one night and thai another night and neither were anything to write home about. The little bus ride, though free, is mighty uncomfortable (who designed those benches??).

Taba Hilton in Taba itself is a great value! New hotel with nicer rooms and a large salt water pool

Both places had swim-up bars - a definite plus!

The diving was..what you'd expect from the Red Sea. Great!

Back
Top Bottom