Diving Museum Isla Morada - Go check it out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plongeursousmarin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was down there this week-end, and figured OK let's see what they have. 1st surprise was the very nice mural painting of marine scenes by Guy Harvey and the other painter whose name escapes me at the moment (not Wyland though). Anyway, I thought that they would have maybe 2-3 old regulators and a couple of helmets. Boy was I wrong (and glad I was). I met the founder's wife (the founder passed away earlier this year) and she was extremely friendly and knowledgeable (and passionate) and then the exhibit itself took my breath away, it was so well organized and just so rich in equipment from all over the world and history. If you are down there, you owe it to yourself to pay the 12 bucks to see diving's history displayed in the most interesting and interactive way. Mile marker 83 I believe.:D

You are right, it is a must-see!! Here is the link to the museum.

My partner took me there for my birthday last year and I posted our photos. Here is just one small portion of just the helmet collection!

100_2394.JPg

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom