2 slots left on the Juliet Oct. 6 through 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don, I think I've got two more if the slots are available.... I'll know by this weekend and let you know!

dang, that looks really nice! do they sail or cruise under power with the sails down? Really big style points for 100% sailing...

They sail some....most of the time it's under power, mainly because when we put the sails up, we have to take the awning down, and it gets hot quick.

Don Wray:
They sail some....most of the time it's under power, mainly because when we put the sails up, we have to take the awning down, and it gets hot quick.

sadly though, there are certain sacrifices involved with cruising with Class! No, really though, that looks like a wonderful boat and a whole ton of fun! It is on my list of "need to do's".

it was on our list too, but luckily we'll be there with Don and company in October! Our other two aren't able to join us though....

Having just returned from a Blackbeard's trip, I'd be very interested in trying a Juliet trip for comparison purposes. Unfortunately, it will have to wait until after the first of the year.

I've done both....the Juliet and Blackbeard's boats dive pretty much the same sites. A few differences:

Juliet leaves out of Miami, so air fare is cheaper, but you make a night crossing and that can be rough.

12 divers on the Juliet vs. up to 22 on Morning Star, Pirates Lady etc.

If raining, you don't have to go topside to get to the galley to eat on the Juliet.

I had a blast on both and will do both again. I loved the Morning Star and the crew, and the Juliet's crew are excellent also.

The food was quite a bit better on the Juliet but I'm not a picky eater, so the food on Blackbeard's was fine.

104' boat Juliet vs. 65' Morning Star.

Juliet is booked pretty much solid for the next couple of years so you have to schedule through who ever has rented the boat for the week that you want to go if they have spaces available.

Juliet has nitrox.

Those are the differences that come to mind.

Don Wray:
I've done both....the Juliet and Blackbeard's boats dive pretty much the same sites. A few differences:
12 divers on the Juliet vs. up to 22 on Morning Star, Pirates Lady etc.
104' boat Juliet vs. 65' Morning Star.
I loved my trip on Pirates Lady, but you know how there always seems to be those one or two people in the group that really annoy you...well by the end of the week with 24 people on that 65' boat, it just seemed there was no escape, especially when your bunk is in the galley. Otherwise I had a GREAT time. I think I would enjoy the bigger boat (Juliet) with more room to spread out, and a little more privacy if desired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom