Anyone find a set of gear floating?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McKee Boykin

Contributor
Reaction score
Last Tuesday my brother Joe was diving off Wabasso and lost his gear. He was doing his SI and :confused: :dork2: left his gear tied off floating to his boat:no . About 20 minutes later he went to get his gear and it had come untied. He searched for it but had no luck finding it.

If it gets into the Gulf Stream and makes around the north Atlantic and crosses back and ends up in Belize near the farm here in a couple years, I'll let you know. What a bummer though, seriously.

Go to Bantry, Ireland, pour a pint of Guiness, and wait about 2 months. With any luck, it'll wash up in the bay!:coke:

Hello Darwin are you out there. . .

I am so sorry but that is too funny. Let him know for future reference, if he takes the USCG boating class, which he may or may not need but it sounds like he does, they teach some simple knots in the class. Sounds like it may be worth his while. :popcorn:

McKee Boykin:
Last Tuesday my brother Joe was diving off Wabasso and lost his gear. He was doing his SI and :confused: :dork2: left his gear tied off floating to his boat:no . About 20 minutes later he went to get his gear and it had come untied. He searched for it but had no luck finding it.

all of it? i hope he still has his lead weights though.

McKee Boykin:
..... He was doing his SI and :confused: :dork2: left his gear tied off floating to his boat:no . ......

I actually dont think a :dork2:diver would do something like this......

poor guy - it might show up. we had a similar thing during summer where a set of gear fell off the boat and was found down the coast about 4 days later

seriously, you might want to advise the local police as if they find a set of gear they will be looking for a body

goodluck

Sorry, I just cant help laughing here..
Hope he finds his gear tho, I know how pissed I would be if I lost mine..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom