Aquarius at the Marriott Hurghada - Anyone used them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyJH42

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All

Off to Egypt in October and staying at the Marriott in Hurghada. The onsite dive operator seems to be Aquarius Diving Club. Has anyone got anything good/bad to say about them?

Thanks

Andy

I don't know them. But I can reccomend Colona divers in Hurghada. Very good dive op.
Mania

I would go with Colona-Magwish...

Doma
You know them? I think this is one of the best diving centres in Hurghada. but they are also more expensive. Well, you have to pay more for better quality, right?
Mania

Thanks for the suggestions.
I think I might try Aquarius first. I like the idea of falling out of bed straight onto a dive boat. I can get very lazy on holiday! Colona is about 8k(?) down the coast from the Marriott so not so convenient but I'll keep them as an option.

Andy

Well, I got my OW 7 years ago with Colona Sharm ...
But the guys Magwish are very organized and well educated instructors and you do get the money worth

I do agree with you 100% :) do u dive with them?

BR

I went to Hurghada in December 08 and thanks to your posts decided to go with Colona divers. I am writing now to share the experience. All in all, I am happy that I chose them, they were nice and professional.
I went for a full day trip (2 dives) - from around 8 am till 5 pm. The price was 47 euros + 20 for the equipment.
Can't compare prices with other clubs because I had little time in Hurghada, so I didn't look passed Colona. They did give me a small discount for booking the trip online. They accepted payment in euros.
Both dive sights were nice, but I didn't get to enjoy the first one that much because I had problems with my mask. I asked for another one for the second dive and luckily they had one which was perfect.
They gave us detailed explanations of the dive sites.
Lunch was available on the boat for a reasonable price (around 5 euros).
Small complaint on my part is that we had to carry the equipment on and off the boat (and wash it). And they didn't have any spare equipment on the boat, so what you took from the storage was what you were stuck with.

Btw, almost all divers were Scandinavian (it seems that the owner is as well). :)

Hope this info helps, if you have any other questions, contact me.

This is how it works in Colona. I know, I was Daily Operation MAnager there for 5 years. I still live in Hurghada and I know the guys out there well.

Colona always have a crate with spare equipment on the boat. There is a BCD, fins, mask and all you can need for a daily excursion. There is also a donky (named Roger) that brings all equipment to the boat in the morning and back in the afternoon. On the arrival back to the dive centre in the afternoon the guests hand the rental equipment back after rinsing it in fresh water. This is pretty standard routine I think. At least in the Red Sea, maybe not in Caribean... ;o)

It's about 6 minutes in the (FOC) pick-up from the Marriott to Magawish where Colona is located.

.....a.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom