Good Laugh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GTADiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey fellow Ontarians check out the Texas Swamp Divers thread on their polar bear dive. 50 Degree water....they actually think its cold. LOL. TAZ22 is going to have to send his photos of the hot tub

GTADiver once bubbled...
Hey fellow Ontarians check out the Texas Swamp Divers thread on their polar bear dive. 50 Degree water....they actually think its cold. LOL. TAZ22 is going to have to send his photos of the hot tub

Will do and I'll even post a thread in the Texas section for those Candy A*ses.

:crazyeyes

I even feel a little bit like a troll but I couldn't stop laughing when I read the description of their polar bear dive.

Cold is such a relative term. A group of us from Ontario, dove Gilboa in September. Everyone there going on about the cold, especially below the thermocline and the owners going on about freeflows form the cold temps on the deep side. Water temps at the surface of 74F and we were all too warm, diving wet and ended up dumping the johns and diving in just the jackets. Next time I go, I hope to have a 3mm or so.
I'll be diving Jan 1, 2003 in The Big Chill expect water temp around 34F

LOL, damn! The temp on the Alberta in AUGUST was 40*!!

wonder what they would do in COLD water??? LOL

:eek:ut:

hey groundhog, that big chill looks interesting, would I be able to go even though it's too late to get many pledges?

Check out our springs... 68-72 F year round! It's enough to give ya frostbite!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :tease:

That's hilarious.

I just bought a drysuit so I could handle these cold FL dives and now I feel like a complete candy@ss.

Them northern folks is insane I tell ya!

Peter Doege
(Who was once from Maine, but has since thawed out)

NetDoc once bubbled...
Check out our springs... 68-72 F year round! It's enough to give ya frostbite!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :tease:

Taz considers whether he should move to Florida. Humm...70F year round....might be an idea!

Hey Net Doc are there many job ads posted on the web for Divemasters needed in Florida?

:confused:

Hey Net Doc are there many job ads posted on the web for Divemasters needed in Florida?

the words, zilch, nada, squat come to mind. But hey, I live in ORLANDO which is land locked. Try getting some of the papers from the Keys, Miami or as far north as Boyton Beach. That being said, it appears that most captains hire "from within"... that is from those who are diving off of their boats.

And don't worry about them thar warm waters down here... we will keep them explored for you! I will be flying down to the Keys tomorrow to do the Grove. Too kewl!!!

Back
Top Bottom