cressi archimede

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kitbuga

Registered
Reaction score
i need to upgrade to a nitrox-capable computer. the most obvious choices are uwatec and suunto. then i came across the cressi archimede and its oversize characters.

any comment on the archimede will be greatly appreciated- especially those who identify the oem if any.

k
manila, philippines
p.s. i've been using a favor since 97

I have an Archimede and the oversized numbers are really easy to read. My buddy has been able to glance at my arm while swimming to read the display without me even knowing.

I wanted a display that was easy to read and easy to use. Wasn't about to go cracking open a manual at depth to figure out what was going on. :wink:

Air and nitrox are supported, gauge mode is not. Overall, it's worked nice for me.

Nice units, a bit big.

The large fonts are great. My buddy can read them from a good ways off and they are very hard to mis-read.

I once entered the water w/o setting the 02 percentage. This causes the computer to use 100% 02 for the PO2 calc and Air for the Nitrox calc. Yikes! I reverted to tables for that dive.

Really easy to use with the 3 buttons.

No complaints other than the size.

My buddy uses a DiveRite+, the small watch size computer. Very similar profiles to the Cressi.

I think I'd get the DiveRite if I did it again. Simply because of the size.

Peter Doege

thanks guys. the big characters are the real draw and your comments have just about sealed it. i have near vision problems and so until i get a new mask with bifocals the archimede seems to be it!

interesting - and very important - reminder, though about the PO2 setting. Having a table and a depth timer like UWATEC's digital gauge handy seems to be a good proposition.

cheers!
K
manila philippines

Also consider the Oceanic Versa Pro in wrist mount. It's the same physical size as the Cressi, and the numbers are quite large and easy to read. You can find reviews of both these computers on divernet.com. There was recently a new Cressi Archimede on eBay for $200 but no one bid on it. It might turn up again if you watch. Hope this helps.

Don

Back
Top Bottom