transmitting pressure to multiple computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bnajdrovsky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted a question about this just before ScubaBoard crashed, so thought I'd try again...

I have Aeris 750GT with a new, upgraded pressure transmitter, which I got directly from Oceanic. I have been thinking about upgrading to a newer computer which will allow me download the dives onto my notebook computer, but I would like to continue using my current 750GT as a backup.

What I would like to know, is if it is possible for 2 computers to receive the tank pressure data from one transmitter. That way, I could buy a new Aeris Epic or similar wrist unit only, set it up for my existing pressure transmitter ID, and use both computers during my dives. I would think that this should be possible if the protocol is unidirectional, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this question. Has anyone tried to do something like this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom