anybody up for gilboa jan 18-19?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

canuckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
a bunch of people from the other areas of the board (and country) will be going to Gilboa, ohio for a get-together on jan 18th. Anybody from this neck of the woods interested in going down and showing them how to handle the cold?? LOL

that's what I'll be using!

I'll pm you in a moment!

what kinda of water temps you reckon there will be there at Gilboa in January?? We dove last month in Gilboa and it was snowy and icy on the docks. We had 45 degrees from 30 feet down to a 112 feet. Mind you I don't particularly like to mix cold cold temps and deep conditions because of the freeflows at depth. But my dive buddy and I have discussed going to do a couple of dive before my trip to Coz at the end of January but we were thinking either quarry or Sarnia fast drift diving cuz the St.Clair river doesn't freeze over.

current temp, according to www.divegilboa.com, is 50* at the surface, 42 at 60'.
so, basically the same as we get most of the time! :eek:ut:

seriously, shouldn't be too bad, and the group probably will not be doing anything very deep, unless we get a few people interested, then I'll draft up a dive plan.
At this point, looking to see how many people would be interested, and if we can pool resources as far as vehicles :wink:

it usually takes us about an hour and 40 mins to Gilboa how long for you from Trenton??

"it usually takes us about an hour and 40 mins to Gilboa how long for you from Trenton??"

probably looking at a little over 5 hours.
if you guys want to meet in windsor, and then somebody could take over the driving from there, would work for me!I could leave here real early in the morning, and be to windsor by about breakfast.
I can pick up anybody between me and windsor :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom