Halogen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khorne

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I´ve come across a light wich looks a bit strange to me, the lighthead says diverite but the cannister looks really weird, is this a homebuilt or just an old version?

Br Oscar

Attachments

• drlamp.JPG
    drlamp.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 66
It is about 10-12 years old and was what Diverite was selling. The battery case was for a sealed lead acid 12 volt battery that could run the halogen head for about 60 minutes or so (I could be wrong on the burn time).

HID came in soon after and everyone went to the much small battery cases that HID let you use.

As for this battery case, I knid of remember people having problems with floods do to cracking and O-ring problems, that case was said to be set for butt mounting under your tanks.

khorne:
Hi

I´ve come across a light wich looks a bit strange to me, the lighthead says diverite but the cannister looks really weird, is this a homebuilt or just an old version?

Br Oscar

That is a Dive Rite; Neutra Lite. As shown it used (2) 12V/7.5 Ahr sealed lead acid batteries. It would drive a 50W Halogen about 2.5 hrs; if memory serves.

Jerry

I just bought an old Dive Rite light today and was wondering about the bulb. It is the same head as the one pictured above. Anyone know what kind of bulb it takes? Is there a head upgrade?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom