Port Vila, Vanuatu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vmf

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have spent the past two years living in Port Vila, Vanuatu prior to my return to Australia. During this time, I was fortunate to dive on many tremendous coral reefs and wrecks all within 30 minutes boat time from Port Vila.
If you would like any information (dive operators, sites, accommodation, food, bars etc) that would assist in your travels to this magical country, please send me your questions.

Regards,

vmf

VMF,
Can you suggest any web sites for us to go to to see more of Port Vila? I'd love to see some PICS.
Thanks
:sunny:

Natasha,

Here are some sites:

General
www.vanuatutourism.com/intro.htm
www.islandsvanuatu.com/efate.htm

Diving
www.hideaway.com.vu
www.diveadventures.com/vanuatu2.htm
www.allwaysdive.com.au/destinations/vanuatu.htm

The main operators located in and around Port Vila are:
a. Hideaway Island;
b. Nautilus Scuba;
c. Sailaway Cruises;
d. Erakor Island; and
e. Tranquility (Moso) Island.

However, no dive trip to Vanuatu would be complete without travelling to Espiritu Santo (about one hour's flying time from Port Vila) and diving on the SS President Coolidge!!!

Hopes this helps!

vmf

vmf

i'm planning my next trip to vanuatu and i'm spending about 5 days in vila before heading to santo. do you know of some cheap accommodation close to Nautilus Scuba. I previously stayed at Kaiviti, but this time i will be in Vila by myself and i'm looking for something cheaper. Kaiviti was only about 2/3 minutes walk from Nautilus, which was great

cheers

vmf:
I have spent the past two years living in Port Vila, Vanuatu prior to my return to Australia. During this time, I was fortunate to dive on many tremendous coral reefs and wrecks all within 30 minutes boat time from Port Vila.
If you would like any information (dive operators, sites, accommodation, food, bars etc) that would assist in your travels to this magical country, please send me your questions.

Regards,

vmf
I am thinking of spending some time diving with friends at Tranquility Island in September 2005. Can you give me a brief idea of diving there and standard of accommodation (I have heard stories of no hot water and bare earthen floor huts)

I have checked the website but thought I would get your opinion.

Thank you - LJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom