Tusa DPV vs. Apollo DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirkadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am on the market for a scooter & thought I had my mind made up to buy an Apollo. After going to my LDS(whose not an Apollo dealer) they showed me the Tusa sav-7 scooter which is identical to the Apollo. He's going to give me a sweet deal on the Tusa & I wanted to see if anyone has used the scooter & how it performs vs. the comparable Apollo model.

Dirkadiver:
I am on the market for a scooter & thought I had my mind made up to buy an Apollo. After going to my LDS(whose not an Apollo dealer) they showed me the Tusa sav-7 scooter which is identical to the Apollo. He's going to give me a sweet deal on the Tusa & I wanted to see if anyone has used the scooter & how it performs vs. the comparable Apollo model.

Identical.

Phil Ellis

Dirkadiver:

Dirkadiver: Apollo is the OEM for the Tusa Sav-7. The vehicle is identical to our AV-2. We are now sold out of the AV-2 and are shipping the new AV2 Evolution. Specs on both vehicles are @:
www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/UWVehicles/index.htm

I'm trying to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.
1.) the Tusa sav-7 is the exact same as the av-2?
2.) what is the difference between the av-2 & the av-2 evolution.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dirkadiver:
I'm trying to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.
1.) the Tusa sav-7 is the exact same as the av-2?
2.) what is the difference between the av-2 & the av-2 evolution.

Thanks for the feedback.

The Tusa SAV-7 is identical to the Apollo AV-2.

The AV-2 Evolution uses a higher amp battery for increased power and Aluminum gear case and plate for improved heat dispersion
www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/UWVehicles/AV2_Evolution.htm

The two prices listed on each of the scooters; is that just the difference in cost of the batteries or is there more to it?

Dirkadiver:
The two prices listed on each of the scooters; is that just the difference in cost of the batteries or is there more to it?

On the AV-2 Evolution the difference in cost is due to the different
battery types. The replacement cost for the SLA battery is $300.00
The NIMH battery is $1800.00.

We just got 2 Tusa Evolution scooters for Christmas and would appreciate any tips (Thanks Phil, we bought them from you and your help was fantastic!)

We heard a frightening story that a woman lost her scooter when the propeller was turned on high and she somehow got separated from it . . . she was a tourist at a Hawaiian resort called Kona Village, and their Apollo DPV that she was using was never recovered. . . wondered if we should wear surf-board leashes around our ankles?? Seriously.

Also, our batteries lasted over 90 minutes. I'd heard they'd only last one hour, so we were really pleased to get 2 dives in with the scooters. Is this the norm for a full charge?

These are really fun rocket ships. We may get spoiled and forget how to dive and kick against current though!

Aloha,
Dee

We just got 2 Tusa Evolution scooters for Christmas and would appreciate any tips (Thanks Phil, we bought them from you and your help was fantastic!)

We heard a frightening story that a woman lost her scooter when the propeller was turned on high and she somehow got separated from it . . . she was a tourist at a Hawaiian resort called Kona Village, and their Apollo DPV that she was using was never recovered. . . wondered if we should wear surf-board leashes around our ankles?? Seriously.

Also, our batteries lasted over 90 minutes. I'd heard they'd only last one hour, so we were really pleased to get 2 dives in with the scooters. Is this the norm for a full charge?

These are really fun rocket ships. We may get spoiled and forget how to dive and kick against current though!

Aloha,
Dee

I am so glad to hear that you had fun with these. Please remember that these things will make you a lazy diver! lol.

I will try to get Brad to make a photograph of the leash we use on our scooters. I will email it to you as soon as I can. Again, thank you for your business and I hope you continue to enjoy your scooters!

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

be carefull that leash doesn't get caught in the blade. it could easly enter the shroud.

I was on a dive last year with someone with a brand new Tusa scooter and their whistle lanyard got caught in the shroud. it broke off two of his blades and left him a long ways from the dive boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom