Aeris Competition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z0quik

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I am new to the boards and have a question about equipment. I asked my dive instructor what she thought about this and she just said its a matter of personal preference. :confused:

http://www.joediveramerica.com/page/JDA/PROD/csp/AERCOMPKG

I will be doing my final dive tomorrow and then I will be certified open water. So I am looking to get a basic set of equipment.

Any opinions on this package? It looks like a great package for the price. I'd love for some of you more experienced guys to give me some feedback on what you think of it?

I would probably upgrade to the XR1 computer and maybe the upgraded regulator.
Can anyone tell me why this might be a bad package? Is it cheap crap, or will be it okay? Is Aeris a good company/brand?

Thanks.

Personally, I don't have any experience with Aeris equipment. When I bought dive equipment, I did it piece meal, buying the best in class type thing by dollars. With the exception on my regs (AL) and my computer (Cressi) I bought everything else used. Some from SB'ers here and some from other private sellers.

Usually, it's an easy way to get started with packages, but you are not always going to get good stuff and you definitely want good regs. You'll get plenty of recommendations here. I would recommend that you rent various vendor's equipment and find something that fits well with you and your type of diving. You're shelling out $600, why not spend it wisely.

Most of the equipment people sell here is well cared for and will tell you any problems with it. ****Note: many, not all. Personally, I've made some slamming deals here on a BC (SP KnightHawk and DR classic wing).

Lots of recommended shopping places as well.

Larry from www.scubatoys.com (i've bought from them)

Laura from www.123scuba.com (got some excellent deals from her)

Shop around, don't be in a hurry.

Good luck in your purchases!!

Jack

I would skip the unbalanced piston 1st stage and go with a balanced first stage.
It will cost more but be more reliable in the long run.

Randy

Aeris makes good stuff. I have an Atmos II computer, and have been nothing but pleased with it.

I'm not into consoles. I like my SPG to be just that an SPG. I wear a puter, and a compass on my wrists.

I also prefer Back Inflate BC's over Jacket style.

I think for similar money
THIS

is a better deal. And by the time you add in a puter, and upgrade to the sport, this is less.

Larry and Joe will also work with you on custom packages, so don't let the website, and what is offered fool you. They will put together just about anything you want, and give you a killer deal.

I have two Aeris computers, the first one is 9 years old and still going. I recently bought the XR1 as a back up and I love it. Very easy to use and easy to read. If you are not going to dive Nitrox soon you should be fine. I wouldn't hesitate to by another Aeris computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom