New Years Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaQ

Registered
Reaction score
So who all out there is going to be stupid like me and my wife and go diving in that wonderfully refreshing water on Jan 1, 2003? WE are going to do our dive with our LDS (Scuba 2000), have a little champain afterwards, only to be followed by a soup lunch at our place for about 30 or 40 drivers. This will be the third year that we have done this and it is always a blast. I figure that we will be able to properly defrost from this experience when we are down in Cozemul for the 4th to the 12th:D

So where are you diving on Jan 1?

ScubaQ

PS, read that thread in the Txeas forum, what a bunch of pussies LOL 50 degrees

My LDS is organizing a New Years Day dive... Not sure where yet... But I heard a rumor that its in the old Welland Canal. Nothing too exciting.. This will be my first New Years Day dive. I hope nothing freezes :wink:
Someone mentioned a BBQ afterwards but that might be another rumor..

There's always one in Kingston at the Marine Museum
Jimmy B

Our Scuba Club is doing one in Brockville right in front of the Rowing Club. The longer you stay in the better the prize you get. Then off to the Dive Shop where the hot tub is and allow for some defrost time.

:D

We have a plan to dive below the dam on New Years day....time isn't set yet. Any ideas weight_for_me and bottomsucker ???:boom:

me and 8 others in scuba gear and 2 in bathing suits dove at the Pump House Museum in Kingston today, Hope others got wet

Jimmy B

About 40 divers did a surface drift under the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron. This is an anual event. I was able to see a group of divers across the river in Sarnia while drifting. My buddy and I dove the Tremble yesterday with excellent visibility. Looks like it was only 4 to 5 foot vis today. Looking forward to Gilboa next Sunday!

Our dive went great we had 12 people, 4 of which came down from Aurora to dive with us. We had no free-flows for anyone in the group. Five of us in the group dove wet with the remainder diving in Dry Suits.

Bottom time was 21 min ( feet & hands started getting cold) and max depth was 38ft. Not bad for a 7mm wetsuit with a 3mm vest.

Water Temp 33F

Happy New Year to All.

Bbbbrrrrrrrrr...... Thats cold!!!

I also did a dive on 1/1/03 but it ended up in exposure suits forum.

Both Papaer & Mamaer (sp) are from Ottawa and Cornwall so I figure I am Canadian enough to post here?

gorji come and join us next year it actually was a very relaxing dive.

chuckrt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom