Sarnia Maybe??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
I turned down Gilboa tomorrow cuz I wasn't up to the 1.5 hour drive and the air temperature was going to hard on us wetsuit divers, but I may be up in Sarnia next weekend. Does anyone know if there is any ice built up near shore. We general enter at the C.S.L docks so there shouldn't be a problem there since the spiels I believe would give shelter from the ice coming in. But I could be wrong.

Rooster1 once bubbled...
I may be up in Sarnia next weekend. Does anyone know if there is any ice built up near shore.

Rooster,

No ice as of 12-27-02. A little slush along the beach in the lake in the early morning is all at this time.

Eric

avalanchediver once bubbled...

Rooster,

No ice as of 12-27-02. A little slush along the beach in the lake in the early morning is all at this time.

Eric

Thank you much avalanchediver. You may not be an Ontario fresh water freak cuz you live in Michigan but you are definately my biggest asset on the board when it comes to one of my favorite dive sites (Sarnia)! It is nice that you live accross in Port Huron and can be the eyes for us and give us an instant update:)

BTW I love your website so much I put a link to it on my site:thumb:

Rooster,

Thanks for the compliment on my web site. Needs updating bad...
I plan to get to it soon but still diving and now ski season is making life even more complicated. I'll be in Gilboa next weekend and Collingwood the following two. Anyone that get board living this life just is'nt working it hard enough.

Thanks again,

Eric P.

lakesdiver once bubbled...
Well, Rooster1, there was no ice as of yesterday, but there was also zero viz. We did all of 20 mins. of "Stevie Wonder" diving and called it a day.

what was the water temperature. I am going to try to get a dive in or 2 this Saturday.

avalanchediver once bubbled...

I saw 35 and 36 on my computer 12/31/02 on the Tremble

That is really really really cold escpecially for us that use wetsuits.

BTW I have never done the Tremble on the American side..Is it as wicked a dive as I hear it is? any problems getting out? I have done dives on this side of the river where it has been a work out to get out and have really sucked gas doing it.

Rooster1 once bubbled...

That is really really really cold escpecially for us that use wetsuits.

BTW I have never done the Tremble on the American side..Is it as wicked a dive as I hear it is? any problems getting out? I have done dives on this side of the river where it has been a work out to get out and have really sucked gas doing it.

You do have to climb a ladder welded into the seawall or drift a half mile to rocks. The climb is a lot tougher this time of year in drysuits and the additional weight you need to dive dry. The dive itself can be ok if you know the way to the wreck. It can be a stressor the first few times you go however. You must be comfortable in the current. The current is bad in some areas but inside the ship and right beside it the curent is easier to deal with. The beauty is you park right at the entry/exit point and it is clean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom