Anyone successful in putting a wrist mount Atmos 2 into a console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cubanismo

Registered
Reaction score
After an hour of prying the wrist mount, I finally managed to remove the boot. I have an Aeris analog console I am trying to put the Atmos 2 in.

The Atmos 2 seems quite a bit larger than the depth guage module I removed from the analog console. The main problem seems to be the plastic anchors for the wrist bands on the Atmos 2. They are sticking out quite a bit and make it quite a chore to try and fit in the analog console boot.

Anyone try this conversion?

Thanks,

Alex

My son and I each have an Atmos 2 in a normal Aeris console boot.

You're right... the computer's lugs/anchors don't fit into the console boot. For that reason, I had to (shudder) put each computer into a bench vise and hack-saw the lugs off. (Think I voided the warranty? :D )

They fit perfectly now, except I had to x-acto out a hole in the side of each console for the computer's side button -- which was actually the trickiest part. You fortunately don't have to access the side button while submerged.

If I ever need/want to put the computer back in a wrist mount, I've got a "generic" wrist boot that will accept the now-hockey puck... or course, I can't use strap pins, but the computer holds well enough in the wrist boot I've got.

--Marek

Marek K:
They fit perfectly now, except I had to x-acto out a hole in the side of each console for the computer's side button

--Marek

Thanks for your insight Marek! My first thought was how am I going to remove those lugs :)

Here's the odd part, the console boot has all the holes already cut for the side button and even the download connectors on the other side. Look closely at this pic to see the side button cut out:

http://www.diveaeris.com/Images/p_gauges_x1_31.jpg

I tore down the wrist boot since I thought Aeris would build only one body style for the Atmos 2. Apparently that isn't the case :(

Thanks again for you input. I'm pretty scared to hacksaw them down but now think that's my only option.

- Alex

Hi Alex--

Once you get over your nausea :11: , those lugs come off real easy with a hacksaw. Pretty soft polystyrene. Just be careful how you clamp or vise it. Also doesn't have to be pretty or smooth.

I thought all these Aeris "hockey puck" computers had the lugs. We had two Aeris Atmos 1's before this, and I had to cut off the lugs on those too. Hard to believe that Aeris made two versions of the body, but from what you say that's apparently so.

I think both Aeris consoles we have -- I ordered them empty a few years ago --were obviously designed for analog depth gauges, with no space for the lugs and no cut-out for the side button.

Yeah, I've seen images of Aeris boots with the side button cut-out like yours, and even ordered two a couple months ago. But despite the images on the vendor's web site, the boots that came were without the cut-outs. I'm still trying to get my money back, but that's another issue.

Where'd you find yours?

And I thought a "hockey puck" was a "hockey puck"... like all the Aeris, Oceanic, and some other brands. Not so. The Oceanics -- like the Veo's -- are a true "hockey-puck" shape, without any lugs.

--Marek

Atmos 2 console boot (no modifications necessary) part #10.0047 $27.95.
The compass assembly that mounts to that is part # 10.8695 $65.95.

DUDE DON't CUT!!!!

I have a like new Aeris console boot with all the special mounting stuff for the Atmos 2 AND a compass and I'll trade you straight up for the wrist bands and pins. PM me.

Also have a complete like new Aeris console with depth, Atmos 2, and compass for sale.

Back
Top Bottom