Mares M1 Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanshark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

I've recently purchased a Mares M1 wrist mount computer. My LDS recommended it to me. They Also sell Suunto and Uwatec. but recommended the M1 as a cheaper alternative (All their DM's use it). The M1 does Nitrox, a 50 dive log and user replaceable batteries (2 AAA's). So far I like it. (I'll be giving it a real workout on vacation (Cozumel in January, roughly 15 days of diving.. The unit is easy to operate and has a clear display with blue backlighting.

Anyhow, does anyone have an opinion on this model?

Cheers,

I got one for xmas. This is my first computer. And was not very expensive. I dived with it 5 times and was able to see the screen ok underwater. Unfortunatly, it is however pretty bulky and I was not able to hear the rapid accent alarm I think because I was wearing a 7 m hood.

Initially the i found the buttons difficult to push. Between one of my boat dives. I ditched my 5mm gloves just so I can active the "stay on" backlight. When I did this, found that I prefer not diving with them anyway. After a couple of dives and messing with the log and plan funtion the buttons became easier to operate.

If anyone has this and knows what the alarm sound like, please let me know. I'm curious and am not sure that I want to remove my 7mm hood here in Monterey to test it out. I think, I'll beable to dive in a tropical dive site sometime this summer, so I can test it then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom