Status of ACI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bperrybap

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There has been a lot work going into creating updates for Oceanlog.
I'm wondering if some of those updates are being scheduled
for the Aeris ACI s/w?

Specifically, what is the status of ACI working with Vista?

Thank You,

--- Bill

Hi Bill - I thought that we already covered this through PM, email or just my imagination. We are working on ACI now that we've gotten most of the issues worked out with OceanLog. I should have a beta for you to play within 2 weeks.

I'm very interested in this too. My laptop died and my new one coming has Vista on it so I'll be stuck without a working vista version.

DiveMaven:
ACI works fine on my laptop with Vista.....I'm almost afraid to upgrade when it's available in case it screws things up.

I got it working in vista by following some instructions here but am still hoping to get a version that doesn't require I have the user access permissions turned on (they're called something similar and they are very annoying).

So any word on this, it's been 2 weeks since you said 2 weeks? :wink:

Also, Doug, your link to http://www.diveaeris.com/Software/ACI_2.X_release.txt on your download page is broken. You have indexes enabled so I was able to look in the software dir and it looks like there was some cleanup done on 7/13/07 and the release notes were taken down then (an educated guess).

i'd be interested too. i've tried just about everything to get it to work on mine, with no luck

Is there any new information on this? Vista has been out for a long time and still is not officially supported.

2.1.4 Vista compatible revision has been released -
DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Software

I have found at least one bug with ACI 2.14 that is 100% reproducible and one annoying "feature".

Here is how to recreate the problem.

Open the dive log
Defaults to Metric measurements.
Change to Imperial measurements.
Exit from ACI.
Launch ACI.
The log reverts back to Metric measurements.

This is a definite bug since the previous software always retained the users choice of measurement type.

I am running ACI 2.1.4 under Windows Vista Business as an administrator with UAC turned off.

Also, there is one other problem that is probably more of an annoying feature as opposed to an outright bug. The application always starts out maximized. The application should display the screen on startup as the same size it was when I exited from the program previously.

This is an extremely simple change for your developer to make and is considered normal interface design. I develop software for a living and have done so for the last 30+ years so I know how simple this if for the developer to fix. The developer should have done this automatically as part of accepted user interface design.

If the developer has any trouble reproducing the Imperial vs. Metric problem I can send you my log file.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom