Do you have rhythm with that shake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ce4jesus

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I knew that would get your attention! I'm just curious how many of you use underwater communication devices like shakers, quackers, bangers, etc and have you worked out an emergency communication "tone" with your dive buddy.

I use nothing - I'm in what, unfortunately, seems to becoming the 'silent minority' though !! Jacques Cousteau called it the 'Silent World', and that's how it should remain !!!

Bubble Junky:
I use nothing - I'm in what, unfortunately, seems to becoming the 'silent minority' though !! Jacques Cousteau called it the 'Silent World', and that's how it should remain !!!
Yes...!

Boo on noise makers! :-/

Interesting. My wife and I just started using them and my initial reaction is that we love them but the people around us seemed annoyed. Obviously because when we rattled they all would look to see what's going on. In any case, the silent world is anything but. It sounds mostly like a bowl of rice krispies down there during the day. The night usually sounds like the middle of a jungle.

"If i have to get my buddies attention i just make my left hand a fist and bang it into my right palm."

My wife is my dive buddy and I have a good life insurance policy so nothing short of a bull horn gets so much as a glance.

ce4jesus:
Interesting. My wife and I just started using them and my initial reaction is that we love them but the people around us seemed annoyed.

Then stop annoying the neighbors.

Nope... noisemakers aren't something I use. In my experience, they're more obnoxious than helpful. Good buddy skills make them unnecessary.

I don't use them at all, and I don't think any of my friends out here in California use them either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom