How do you use your scooter?

What is your major use for your scooter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdog

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
What's the major task?

Delivery - you use the scooter to get there, then, look around (thanks Ken!)
Touring - pull that trigger to ON and cruise, stopping occasionally to sniff the metridiums
Sport - mostly for the pure fun of being dragged through the water at high speed and "hydrobatics"

In aviation terms, this would be:
Delivery - flying on a 767 to Hawaii
Touring - cruising the Grand Canyon in a Piper Cub
Sport - a daily !wahoo! in your Pitts Special (or MX2 if you're lucky)

I realize that some will be split on the Delivery/Touring ; this is poll is written to force you into a choice.

I am agog with curiosity to see how this falls out.

All the best, James

All of the above?

I voted "Delivery" because that would describe my most common use, but I enjoy all three.

Sometimes you just wanna get there, sometimes you just wanna enjoy the trip, an sometimes you just wanna play.

Tobin

I agree Tobin; I personally fall into the "all of the above" too, but I am just jumping up and down with curiosity to see where the interest peak is (you know me and graphs!)

All the best, James

I don't have a lot of scooter dives to judge from. So far, I've had the most FUN doing scooterbatics. But I'm sure that as things shake out, delivery will be the major purpose for the scooter, as well as some degree of protection from current.

On my list of toys to buy!

Dave

There has got to be more than 5 of us here on SB....

All the best, James

I don't have one yet but in time I will.

I've got three "Mako-like" scooters. Most are rated deep and for fighting current and getting me to my destination without being tuckered out by current.

Great tools these scooters!

X

Whenever we get 'em out we re-enact Thunderball.

fdog:
There has got to be more than 5 of us here on SB....

All the best, James

Now there are six! :D I just got a seadoo classic, it aint much, but it only cost me $60, so just for playing around... I think well worth it! I haven't used it on a dive yet, but it will probably just be for cruising around and chasing fish...lol...

Back
Top Bottom