Elite T3 Life Time Dive question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ramez18

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I own the Aeris Elite T3 dive computer and I really like it, but I have one little pet peeve. When I view the dive log on my pc, the "Life Time Dive #" reflects only the number of dives I've logged with this particular computer. Is there any way that I can change that to reflect the actual number of dives I've logged? I know that it's not that big of a deal, but it would definitely make it a little easier when I'm going back and forth between the log book on the PC and my paper diver's log book to update my dive info. I looked in the manual and I don't see a thing. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

ramez18:
I own the Aeris Elite T3 dive computer and I really like it, but I have one little pet peeve. When I view the dive log on my PC, the "Life Time Dive #" reflects only the number of dives I've logged with this particular computer. Is there any way that I can change that to reflect the actual number of dives I've logged? I know that it's not that big of a deal, but it would definitely make it a little easier when I'm going back and forth between the log book on the PC and my paper diver's log book to update my dive info. I looked in the manual and I don't see a thing. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

You just go into edit mode and change it. The software will mark the dive as having its dive data modified (which is crazy and a poor design).

I am in Windows Vista right now so I can't give you more specifics since the Aeris PC software is the only software I own that does not run under Vista (they are working on it).

I'm not quite sure what edit mode you're talking about. I don't see an edit mode on the PC software and I don't see an edit mode on the actual dive computer.

I just went through this after downloading the latest software - for any dives you want included in the log that are not on the dc, create a manual entry (by default it is added at the end with the current date and time) - change the date and time and the dive # will automatically change placing it in order based on the date and time. One strange little quirk in this if you add multiple dives (by clicking the "+") any dives with the same date and time will have a duplicate dive number.

I own the Aeris Elite T3 dive computer and I really like it, but I have one little pet peeve. When I view the dive log on my pc, the "Life Time Dive #" reflects only the number of dives I've logged with this particular computer. Is there any way that I can change that to reflect the actual number of dives I've logged? I know that it's not that big of a deal, but it would definitely make it a little easier when I'm going back and forth between the log book on the PC and my paper diver's log book to update my dive info. I looked in the manual and I don't see a thing. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Hello,

I am running Aeris Computer Interface software, Version 2.2.0. Build 05.07.08 under Windows Vista.

In the software, to change the beginning Dive Number, click on "Personal" under "Configuration" on the left panel of the screen. The right panel of the screen will display a number of options. At the very bottom is the option to type in a starting dive number.

To manually add Dives (when diving with tables or with other computers), click on "Dive" under "Dive Log" on the left panel of the screen. Click on the red plus sign (+) at the top right of the software window. A dialog box will provide you with the option to manually enter dives.

Another alternative is to use 3rd party dive log software that reads data from multiple brands of dive computers and dive log software (I use Diving Log 4.0).

I hope this information proves useful,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom